- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers (4 October 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780008183844
- ISBN-13: 978-0008183844
- ASIN: 0008183848
- Product Dimensions: 15.3 x 3 x 23.4 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 340 g
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 9,578 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
War of the Wolf Paperback – 24 Sep 2018
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Praise for WAR OF THE WOLF:
‘Excellent … Cornwell is masterly’ THE TIMES
‘There can surely be no better writer of historical dramas than Bernard Cornwell’ DAILY EXPRESS
‘Brilliantly described … Cornwell’s many fans can only rejoice’ SUNDAY TIMES
‘Tight plotting, vivid action … great’ INDEPENDENT
‘Epic … thrilling’ COMPASS MAGAZINE
Praise for Bernard Cornwell:
'Strong narrative, vigourous action and striking characterisation, Cornwell remains king of the territory he has staked out as his own' SUNDAY TIMES
‘Like Game of Thrones, but real’ OBSERVER
'Blood, divided loyalties and thundering battles' THE TIMES
'A violent, absorbing historical saga, deeply researched and thoroughly imagined' WASHINGTON POST
‘The best battle scenes of any writer I’ve ever read, past or present. Cornwell really makes history come alive’ George R.R. Martin
‘Cornwell draws a fascinating picture of England as it might have been before anything like England existed’ THE TIMES
‘He’s called a master storyteller. Really he’s cleverer than that’ TELEGRAPH
‘A reminder of just how good a writer he is’ SUNDAY TIMES
‘Nobody in the world does this better than Cornwell’ Lee Child
About the Author
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Saxons have almost completed the dreams of Alfred the Great in creating a single country under one king in what we now know as England.
Uhtred rides again in this book under oaths he made and will not break regardless of the circumstances.
Cornwell is a great writer and he has not let us down in crafting fast paced, interesting an even exciting story. He knows how to build expectations.
Anyone could read this book even if they have not read the previous entries in the series. Having said those of us who have been with Uhtred since the beginning will really enjoy the depth and background and it’s nuances.
I really enjoyed this story. I winced and cheered, I got a lump in my throat and shed a small tear at all the appropriate junctures. Brilliant narrative, great characters, and giant canvas for a sweeping work of art.
Cornwell has done it again and Uhtred of Bebbanburg gets better with age.
I recommend it.
I will update this review when I am up to date with the series!!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Men's Adventure
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical > Military
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > War
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > European > British & Irish > Historical
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Historical
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Military
- Books > Religion & Spirituality