In 1971 my parents gave me a birthday present of taking the Circle Line cruise around Manhattan. I remember the Twin Towers when they were about two thirds finished. In 1997 I went to the roof of the South Tower with some visiting cousins. I didn't get nearly as close to the edge where the movie dwells but I saw the same view Petit saw; the corner to corner expanse between the Towers. When you have a structure nearby to give the height scale to your eye the drop is kind of overwhelming (just look at the DVD cover). The wire walk even crossed my mind at the time because I remember when it happened.
Sure, the accents might miss a little on the American actors but you can roll with it. It's fascinating how a shoestring effort with some focused research and an immense amount of belief and determination could pull off, and I think the film gets there in the end. You can feel and appreciate the will of Petit by the time he gets on the wire because there is no other way it could have happened.
- Actors: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Charlotte Le Bon, Ben Kingsley, James Badge Dale, Steve Valentine
- Directors: Robert Zemeckis
- Language: English
- Subtitles: French, Portuguese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Indonesian, Cantonese, Thai, Spanish, English
- Region: All Regions
- Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Studio: Sony Pictures Home Ent
- Run Time: 123 minutes
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- ASIN: B01603ANBQ
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
29,573 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- #20719 in Movies (Movies & TV)