I fear this review will be repetitious, too similar to my review of Sandi Ault's first Wild Mystery, although this book is not a copy of the first. Ault writes a tight mystery, and I love her world and her characters, even her non-human character, the wolf, Mountain.
In Wild Inferno, the mystery is set against a wildfire that threatens a sacred Pueblo ceremonial site while the tribe is camping there to observe a rare celestial event. I'm writing this review months after reading the book, and I still tense up when I recall certain scenes when the characters faced death and heartache.
This time, the feeling that I've lived the story along with the characters is even stronger. As a writer, I feel I have to figure out how she does this. As a reader, I look forward to sinking back into this world when I read book three.
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1198 KB
- Print Length: 316 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: SANDI AULT; 2 edition (12 October 2013)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00FUTOJMG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 3 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #591,408 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)