WEN 2281 1-Gallon Oil-Free Horizontal Portable Air Compressor
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Compact and lightweight design makes for easy storage and transportation
- Hot dog-style four-legged design provides maximum stability during operation
- Oil-free pump requires no external lubrication for a longer lifespan
- 1-gallon tank constructed with reinforced steel for a maximum pressure of 125 PSI
- Features an easy-to-reach quick drain valve, 1/4-inch NPT quick coupler and two pressure gauges
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Remember when you could power your pneumatic tools, fill your tires and clean sawdust off of your shoes all with the same tool? With its compact design, the WEN 1-Gallon Oil-Free Horizontal Portable Air Compressor is easy to store and transport, making it the perfect companion for around the house. Plug in nailers, staplers, spray guns or any other pneumatic tool for a versatile and dependable set-up that answers a variety of woodworking and painting needs. The hot dog-style tank along with the four rubber-footed legs combine to maximize stability, preventing the compressor from tipping over during operation. The 3.5-amp motor and the reinforced steel tank work together to provide a max pressure of up to 125 PSI. The auto-shut-down function turns the compressor off once it reaches its max PSI for safe and reliable compressing. The oil-free design requires no external lubrication from users while the easy-to-reach drain valve makes for easy release of built-up air and condensation. This single-stage compressor boasts air flow rates of 0.6 CFM at 90 PSI and 0.8 CFM at 40 PSI. The WEN 1-Gallon Air Compressor also includes two pressure gauges; one to monitor the internal pressure of the tank while the other regulates the rate of air flow. The onboard handle makes transportation and storage easier than ever while the 1/4-inch NPT quick-coupler air outlet allows for quick and simple hose changes. And, because its a WEN Product, your purchase comes backed by a two-year warranty, a nationwide network of skilled service technicians and a friendly customer help line all to make sure the you remember WEN.
|5 star 71% (71%)||71%|
|4 star 29% (29%)||29%|
|3 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|2 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|1 star 0% (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Top international reviews
I mounted some tubeless mtn bike tires with it and did the job just fine.
1) The unit is lightweight enough that it is easily carried by anyone. Job to do on the third floor? No problem. Carrying it up the stairs is a breeze.
2) The compressor can be run inside without waking everyone up or making you want to put on ear protection. Yes, you can hear the motor running, and admittedly it is louder than a fan, but it's not anywhere near painfully loud. My kitchen blender is louder.
3) All components are easy to handle. The tank drain has a turncock that is easily gripped, unlike some competing products. The tank and tool pressure gauges are nicely distinguished from one another and easily read. The hardware used for the relief valve and hose connector are high quality. There were no components that scratched me, burned me, or gave me cause for concerns regarding long term safety.
4) The entire unit is small enough to easily fit in a carseat footwell, while still leaving enough room for a passenger's feet.
The unit is perfect for around-the-house chores, clean-up work, trim work, hobbies, or even lightweight construction work.
It is not recommended, nor intended for larger nailers like a framing nailer as it does not cycle quick enough. There is essentially no set-up, plug and play. Well-made and ultra-portable. It weighs half as much as my Seneco compressor, but has about half as many CFMs. It had no problem firing my Greco in rapid succession as shown in the video (without nails).
> Oil Free
I have been using Wen products for years, sometimes rather brutally. They hold up well, are inexpensive and great for that weekend warrior. I expect lots of projects to get done with this tiny compressor.
- It is small enough and designed well enough to make carrying around a breeze.
- The weight is evenly distributed around the handle so maneuvering is easy
- It is really quiet for a compressor. Easy to have a conversation while it is running.
- Drain valve is a 90 degree turn lever, not a nut or little butterfly to twist.
- Tank fills from zero to full in about 60 seconds.
- Runs my finish nailer just fine delivering 80 psi easily and consistantly.
I did notice that I could hear a little air escaping when there was no tool attached and the tool pressure regulator valve was turned all of the way down to zero. The sound went away after I turned up the pressure to about 30 psi.