- Paperback: 234 pages
- Publisher: Zephyros Pr; Workbook edition (20 March 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 193975481X
- ISBN-13: 978-1939754813
- Product Dimensions: 20.3 x 1.8 x 25.1 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 721 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 76,468 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.00 delivery
+ $10.98 Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
The Vocabulary Builder Workbook: Simple Lessons and Activities to Teach Yourself over 1,400 Must-know Words Paperback – 20 Mar 2018
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Chris Lele knows more about the English language than anyone I've ever met, so if you want to improve your vocabulary, you're learning from the absolute best. He's helped thousands of students as Magoosh's GRE and SAT expert, and it's easy to see why so many students love him: he makes learning vocabulary feel like the most exciting and action-packed activity you've ever done. Seriously."- Bhavin Parikh, CEO and Founder of Magoosh
"The Vocabulary Builder Workbook is a goldmine of content and activities for both teacher use and self-study. The book's effectiveness lies in its interactive nature, with regular activities punctuating every lesson and fostering natural, long-lasting retention of the material. The various features of the lessons contribute to the book's extremely flexible nature, making it ideal for learners of different proficiencies, commitment levels, and learning styles."--Andrea Vassilev, expert SAT/ACT curriculum writer and former Chief Academic Officer, Triumph Education
"More than any other book of its kind, The Vocabulary Builder Workbook has something for everyone. Chris Lele's clever, targeted vocabulary-building lessons can help children, adults, and teachers alike."--David Recine, Learning Psychology Researcher and Educational Blogger
About the Author
CHRIS LELE is a passionate teacher and vocabulary wizard. As a senior curriculum manager at the leading test prep company Magoosh, Chris inspires students from around the world with engaging and progress focused lesson plans. Beyond the classroom, Chris reaches out to students through his YouTube channel (with over 10 million views).
From the Publisher
Learning new words takes on a whole new meaning in this vocabulary workbook
Forget about flashcards. This vocabulary workbook goes beyond examples of words in sentences and learning to parrot a definition. When you understand how a word functions in context, you won’t only recognize words—you’ll be able to use them yourself.
Photography by Paul Edmondson and Lumina/Stocksy.
The Vocabulary Workbook At-A-Glance:
- 200 lessons and activities
- 1,400 must-know words
- Pronunciation, etymology, definition, example sentence, and fun tidbit for every word
Who is this book for?
Everyone can benefit from strengthening their vocabulary. This book serves all logophiles (lovers of words), especially:
- Students studying for standardized tests such as SAT, ACT, and GRE
- Parents and teachers of students studying for standardized tests
- Adults who want to improve their vocabulary
Words for Every Level
Each lesson is arranged in order of difficulty from easy, intermediate, to advanced vocabulary. Depending on your level, you can begin wherever you feel comfortable.
Fun, Thematic Lessons
Many lessons in this book are arranged thematically. This organization allows you to make connections and explore distinctions between words.
Activities to Test Your Knowledge
You'll find a short activity at the end of each lesson asking you to use the new vocabulary in matching, unscrambling, and fill-in-the blanks exercises.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Studying & Workbooks > Workbooks
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias & Subject Guides
- Books > Reference > Test Preparation > College & High School > SAT
- Books > Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Vocabulary, Slang & Word Lists > Vocabulary
- Books > Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Vocabulary, Slang & Word Lists > Word Lists