Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
Visual Studio Extensibility Development: Extending Visual Studio IDE for Productivity, Quality, Tooling, and Analysis 1st ed. Edition, Kindle Edition
Kindle Monthly Deals
New deals each month starting at $1.49. Learn more
From the Back Cover
The book begins with an introduction to the basic concepts of Visual Studio including data structures and design patterns and moves forward with the fundamentals of the VS extensibility model. Here you will learn how to work on Roslyn - the .NET compiler platform - and load extensions in VS. Next, you will go through the extensibility model and see how various extensions, such as menus, commands, and tool windows, can be plugged into VS. Moving forward, you’ll cover developing VS extensions and configuring them, along with demonstrations on customizing extension by developing option pages. Further, you will learn to create custom code snippets and use a debugger visualizer. Next, you will go through creation of project and item templates including deployment of VS extensions using continuous integration (CI). Finally, you will learn tips and tricks for Visual Studio and its extensibility and integration with Azure DevOps.
After reading Visual Studio Extensibility Development you will be able to develop, deploy, and customize extensions in Visual Studio IDE.
- Discover the Visual Studio extensibility and automation model
- Code Visual Studio extensions from scratch
- Customize extensions by developing a tools option page for them
- Create project templates, item templates, and code snippets.
- Work with code generation using T4 templates
- Code analysis and refactoring using Roslyn analyzers
- Create and deploy a private extension gallery and upload the extensions
- Upload a VS extension using CI
- Ship your extension to Visual Studio Marketplace
About the Author
- ASIN : B08CMYVY5Q
- Publisher : Apress; 1st ed. edition (3 July 2020)
- Language : English
- File size : 39983 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 446 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 1484258525
- Customer Reviews: