This is a fascinating story. The half-hearted attempt to leave information about life on Earth on the Pioneer missions was advanced by one or two orders of magnitude for the Voyager missions.
This book describes in some detail both the logistics and the thought processes involved. This is really thought-provoking material. Alas, the author - who had no input whatsoever into this project - is too keen to insert himself into the narrative. This really impairs what could have well been a 5* book. The author's lack of a scientific background does not help either.
I'm glad I read this book and recommend it to others, but I am disappointed at the loss of the quality this might have had.
- Hardcover: 288 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Sigma (1 July 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1472956133
- ISBN-13: 978-1472956132
- Product Dimensions: 14.6 x 2.7 x 22 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 422 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 156,416 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)