- Product Dimensions: 3.2 x 1 x 10.2 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 18.1 g
- Batteries 2 AAA batteries required. (included)
- Item Model Number: PPS-8G
- ASIN: B005BCL66Y
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 5 June 2018
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
10,489 in Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Home Improvement)
- #527 in Home Security Systems
Vigilant 130 dB Personal Rape/Jogger/Student Emergency Protection Alarm with LED Light and Included AAA Batteries and Rip Cord Activation | Available in Grey or Blue (PPS8G Grey)
|Price:||+ $7.21 Delivery|
- 130dB Emergency/Attack Alarm
- User replacable AAA batteries (included)
- Emergency activation - simply pull the pin for up to 1 hour of continuous piercing alarm
- Bright white LED mini flash light for low light emergency illumination
- 2 x AAA Batteries (included)
Amazon Global Store
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
- Manufacturer warranty may not apply but you may have other rights under law.
- Limited Time Offer: Prime members get FREE Expedited delivery on all Prime eligible orders from Amazon US. T&Cs and Prime membership fee apply. Learn more about Amazon Global Store.
Colour Name: PPS8G Grey
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The PPS8 is one of the best personal alarms on the market. It features a 130dB alarm - the loudest rated alarm sold by Vigilant. Designed to be placed in the outer pockets of a purse or backpack, the PPS8 can also be hand carried by joggers. The alarm is activated by simply pulling the pin, which deters attackers or intruders but also functions to draw attention to you if you need medical attention or help. Use of a personal alarm switches the element of surprise from the attacker to the potential victim. The PPS8 also includes a miniature LED light, activated by a separate on/off button, for a quick and small illumination of a walking path, car door lock, or other low light situations.
Personal alarms are one of the fastest growing segments at retail in the self defense industry, because an attacker's worst enemy is attention. Personal alarms are legal to carry in all 50 states (even on airplanes and in schools!) and are a very safe and effective method of self defense. They require no training or skill to operate, and can be used by anyone regardless of age or physical ability. Police Officers, Campus Safety and Security Consultants recommend the use of personal safety alarms. Victims are often too traumatized to shout for help in unfamiliar and dangerous situations, increasing their vulnerability. The high pitched alarm is intended to scare off an assailant while switching the element of surprise from the attacker to the victim. Criminals do not like to draw attention, and will likely run off when they realize the alarm cannot be stopped.
The PPS8 is particularly suitable for Young People, College Students, Night Owls, Lone Workers, Joggers, Elderly, Nurses/Personal Care Workers, Delivery/Route Employees.Vigilant Personal Protection Systems
Review this product
1 customer review
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Pro: Small, VERY LOUD, easy to use (even one with one hand)
Con: Flimsy plastic, poor initial batteries, LED light didn't work, neck lead is not adjustable.
Update: 3/15/15 I was surprised to receive a replacement product from the seller even though I did not ask for one. The replacement model is a different version and the LED does work. The alarm is just as loud too. Much appreciated.
We are writing a followup to this rating that Vigilant responded right away to our concern and did mail us free of charge replacement/alternative type of personal rape/jogger/student alarm. We appreciate their responsiveness, albeit having the first one destruct carries its own level of concern for obvoius reasons.