- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
Vegan Christmas: Plant-based recipes for the festive season Hardcover – 1 November 2020
|New from||Used from|
Hardcover, 1 November 2020
Order within 15 hrs and 27 mins
Enhance your purchase
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
- Publisher : Smith Street Books (1 November 2020)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 72 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1925811913
- ISBN-13 : 978-1925811919
- Dimensions : 17.75 x 1.32 x 21.67 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 128,539 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the Author
From the Publisher
Preparation 30 minutes
Baking 20 minutes
Refrigeration 1 hour
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Gently heat the margarine, sugar and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and add the flaked almonds and orange peel, stirring well to combine. Divide the mixture among eight silicone muffin moulds and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer to the fridge and leave to cool for about 1 hour. Unmould the Florentines.
3. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie, then dip the base of each Florentine in the melted chocolate. Place the Florentines on the prepared baking tray and leave to cool until the chocolate has set.
4. Store the Florentines in the fridge, allowing them to come to room temperature before serving.
- 120 g (4½ oz) dairy-free margarine
- 120 g (4½ oz) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 150 g (5½ oz/122 ⁄33 cups) flaked almonds
- 70 g (2½ oz) candied orange peel, chopped
- 200 g (7 oz) vegan dark chocolate