- Get 90 DAYS FREE of Amazon Music Unlimited with purchase of an eligible product. Listen FREE for 90 days. Learn more here.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.64 delivery
Veanic 3D Replacement Joystick Analog Thumb Stick for Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Controller - Include Tri-Wing & Cross Screwdriver Tool + 2 Thumbstick Caps
- Replacement analog joystick for Nintendo Switch Joy-con;
- Works for Left or Right joy-con controller
- Package include: 1 x Replacement Joystick for Nintendo Switch Joy-Con
- Replaces your broken, worn-out or damaged analog, bring your controller back to life
- Comes with the "Y" Tri-wing Screwdriver and "+" Cross Screwdriver repair tools
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
1 x Replacement Joystick for Nintendo Switch Joy-Con
1 x "Y" Tri-wing Screwdriver
1 x "+" Cross Screwdriver
Made to fit Nintendo Switch Joy-Con
Special designed left/right replacement joystick for Nintendo Switch Joy-Con, makes it looks new all the time
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The controller itself is smooth and working flawlessly. I was skeptic all it wouldn’t be up to the same quality as the official thumb stick as 3rd party products rarely are - this thumb stick is identical in terms of quality. It feels brand new all over again and the ‘drift’ is gone.
Cannot recommend higher. If you have drift issues, do yourself a favour and buy one of these.
Anyway, cleaned up the old OEM one and will use that as backup after disassembled the actual oem joystick.
Top international reviews
-2 For sending a tri-wing screwdriver that didn't work
-1 For the quality of the the screwdriver after I broke it in a fit of rage that it didn't work.
That being said this review is going to be a 5-star review because of the way Veanic handled their mistake and how awesome their joy-con analog stick replacement actually is. So for the 5-star:
+2 For Veanic contacting me after purchase and giving me a chance to reach out. I informed them of their tri-wing screwdriver not being being the right size and not a week later they sent me a replacement of the tri-wing AS WELL as a replacement for the entire product! That was awesome of them.
+1 For the analog-stick replacement that initially came with the first package. While had to use another set I bought on amazon to install it, the analog stick replacement was great. Haven't had any problems and ended up with a 2nd because of the replacement package! I ended up fixing my own joy-con controller and my little nephew's!
+1 For the replacement tri-wing screwdriver. This time the screwdriver worked great and felt really easy to use for replacing the product.
+1 For the contents inside and my satisfaction of the product. Everything in the deal makes for an easy process of analog-stick, both screwdrivers and the pry tool are all you really need and it's all included in a sweet deal.
Both replacements are working perfectly and I plan to update this when/if they start to drift again.
The left joysticks I replaced are still working perfectly. The original right joysticks on both of my joycons started drifting also so I ordered two more of these to replace them. I was extremely happy to see that the quality of the included screwdrivers were greatly improved. The metal is not as soft and the screwdrivers have the kind of top that spins which allows you to take the screws out and put them back in with even pressure applied making it harder to strip the screw or the screwdriver.
Instead, I bought this replacement analog stick with the tools I would need, all for $12.99, and fixed my own controller using an iFixit guide in about 20 minutes. Admittedly, it might be difficult if you're not technically minded, even with the guide. You might want to see if someone you know would mind actually doing the replacement if you don't want to accidentally yank out a cable or wire. So I would not give it 5 stars on Easy To Install, but that is no fault of the item itself. That's the nature of the repair.
Controller works perfectly now! I'm SUPER happy with this purchase!
Other than that, the replacement joystick works exactly how it's supposed to, and the actual process of replacing it isn't bad. Just make sure you have the proper tools for the job and not the crappy ones included here.
Long story short, if you have a drifting joystick on your joycon, this is the solution!
ORIGINAL REVIEW: I bought a new left joycon after it kept drifting on me. As soon as it arrived, the right joycon started doing the same and gradually got worse. I decided to try buying this replacement for the right joycon as it was cheaper that buying a ANOTHER new joycon. Now I regret not doing the same for the left one. So far so good. Had it for a few days already. I'll try to remember to follow up again in about 2-3 months to give an update, hopefully it lasts. Feels just like the original, except for being a little too smooth on the touch and slips till you get used to it. Not a a deal breaker though. Easy enough to install and plenty of video instructions on how to do so. Works perfectly once installed. Make sure to re-calibrate the joycon after installing. Had a little bit of a scare after installing. Either the vibrations shifted it loose, or I forgot to clamp it down all the way, but make sure to lock down the little black piece that holds in the ribbon cable for the joystick (you'll see it in the installation video). The the stick started drifting again and I decided to reopen the joycon. I noticed the little black clamp was wasn't locked in all the way. I pushed it down and the stick started working again with no issues. Lastly, this was completely worth buying when compared to buying another new joycon.
Debated just buying a replacement pair of Joy-Con for $70, but that kinda sucks. So gave this a go.
1) Arrives in a small plastic bag. So if the shipping wasn't properly padded... or if Amazon's Packaging department thought it would be fine to ship this with something heavy, you can expect the replacement analog stick to be broken. In our case, I ordered it with something light, so it arrived fine in an Amazon padded envelope.
2) The provided tools are fine. However, the provided spare screws for mounting are made of some cheap kind of iron and they get stripped VERY easily. I'd stick with the ones that came with your joy-con.
3) The ribbon cable end is just ever so slightly thicker than the original. It will take a few tries to get it in... I STRONGLY suggest testing the insert/lock of the ribbon cable with the joy-con unit powered up and have the switch in button test mode, so you can confirm that the button/analog stick is working before closing things up. Test buttons for anything with a ribbon cable before closing up.
4) So far so good. On initial test, the analog stick read as being low/right. On calibration, it was rock solid. Very happy and didn't need to buy a brand new pair of expensive joy-con(s) and relegate this otherwise working controller to the garbage. Being able to repair at home was a huge positive.
Took about 50 minutes for me since I kept going back and forth with testing as I was re-assembling the unit and being extra careful.