ViewSonic VX4380-4K 43 Inch Frameless Widescreen IPS 4K Monitor with HDMI USB and DisplayPort
- FORM & FUNCTION: With modern design, 4K UHD (3840x2160p) resolution, and premium IPS panel, this monitors look as good as it performs
- LARGE SCREEN: See all and do all from a single monitor; for any office application ranging from document editing to graphic design
- AMAZING AT ANY ANGLE: A Super Clear IPS panel ensures stunning views no matter your vantage point
- ENHANCED VIEWING COMFORT: Flicker-Free technology and Blue Light Filter for all-day comfort
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The VX4380-4K supports laptops, PCs, and Macs with HDMI 2. 0, USB, DisplayPort, and Mini DisplayPort inputs
- INDUSTRY-LEADING : 3-year coverage with access to our US-based customer service team
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
43’’ (42.5” Viewable) 4K Ultra HD Monitor
Designed with productivity in mind, the ViewSonic VX4380-4K combines incredible 4K resolution, a sleek narrow-bezel design, and an expansive 43” (42.5" viewable) screen so you can see all and do all from a single monitor. Featuring a true 10-bit SuperClear IPS panel and 3840x2160 resolution, this monitor delivers ultra-wide viewing angles and excellent color performance for best-in-class screen performance. Flexible and versatile for any office application ranging from document editing to graphic design, the VX4380-4K includes future-proof connectivity options such as DisplayPort 1.2, DisplayPort Out, HDMI 2.0, and 3-USB ports. ViewSonic’s MultiPicture functionality allows for efficient multitasking by providing simultaneous viewing of up to four split windows, while full ergonomic functionality delivers maximum comfort and enhanced productivity.
- SuperClear IPS Panel Technology
- Stunning 4K Ultra HD 2160p Resolution
- Ultra-Wide Viewing Angles
- MultiPicture Functionality
- Loaded with Connectivity
- Sleek narrow-bezel design
- Flicker-Free technology and a Blue Light Filter
- Dual Integrated Stereo Speakers
Ultra-Wide Viewing Angles
Enjoy accurate and vivid colors with consistent levels of brightness no matter the vantage point. With SuperClear IPS panel technology, this monitor delivers the same image quality whether you are looking at the screen from above, below, the front, or the side.
Stunning 4K Ultra HD Resolution
Displaying more than 8 million pixels with a high pixel density, this Ultra HD 3840x2160 monitor delivers the ultimate in image detail and clarity for stunning, lifelike images. In addition, with 4x more pixels than Full HD resolution, this Ultra HD monitor displays more content to maximize productivity.
This monitor features MultiPicture support for multi-tasking and simultaneous viewing of up to 4 video sources at Full HD 1080p resolution. Picture-in-Picture (PIP) and Picture-by-Picture (PBP) functionality is also available for increased productivity.
Enhanced Viewing Comfort
Flicker-Free technology and a Blue Light Filter help to eliminate eye strain from extended viewing periods.
ViewSonic’s exclusive ViewSplit software allows you to create an ideal and customized working environment on any ViewSonic screen – from desktop monitors to large format commercial displays. Just choose from a selection of pre-defined templates, or create your own customized layout, and ViewSplit will divide your screen into multiple viewing windows. The ViewSplit software can be downloaded for free on ViewSonic's website.
Dual Integrated Stereo Speakers
Designed with dual integrated speakers, this monitor combines incredible screen performance with stereo sound for an immersive multimedia experience.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Unfortunately mine is defective. It has an intermittent issue where the screen wigs out. Can happen 3 times in a day; can work perfectly for 2 weeks. Have confirmed with Viewsonic that they will only repair and not replace. Have also confirmed they have no policy for intermittent issues and will likely plug it in, see it works and return it to me unrepaired. After $40 in shipping costs and 2 weeks without my monitor.
The down-sides, which don't merit losing a star include:
* it is not an HDR monitor, but then again it never claimed to be.
* as shipped mine didn't included a manual of any sort - I had to go to Viewsonic's site. It should have shipped with a manual instead of an extremely uninformative Startup Guide. An annoyance, but not significant.
* it is not extensively adjustable for extremely high color fidelity as best I can tell, but I could be wrong as I don't really care that much about super-duper photo editing. There are no claims by Viewsonic that this monitor is designed for that kind of usage (color space coverage, HDR), so it can't be dinged for a usage for which it is not designed for or claims made for.
* Many applications are obviously not designed in terms of fonts sizes and scaling for a high density or large display surface, and Windows 10, although it does have some adjustments, is quirky. With a large higher PPI monitor be prepared to spend time tuning scaling, fonts, etc to suit your usage. This is NOT a monitor flaw, so it can't be dinged for this.
In short, this is a great large everyday monitor. If you have a large enough and deep enough workspace, and have the $$$, consider buying this monitor.
The ghosting that others note is indeed real, though I don't think it's very pronounced. It manifests with seeing the outlines of application borders 'show through' other apps very slightly if you switch one over another. It quickly fades to invisible. It also seems to be less obvious or nonexistent in the lower-performance modes than if you amp up the mode to a very bright gaming mode, for instance. I use the monitor for browsing, text manipulation, image work and occasional movies, and for these applications the ghosting is easy to forget. I have also noticed that the graphics card itself and possibly the cable, contribute to the ghosting or lack thereof. It seems more obvious with low-quality laptop graphics drivers. I'm not sure how that really could be, but it is predictable and consistent, given that every day I use this monitor with at least two, sometimes three, computers.
The on-screen display works fine, but it's not very intuitive to use. The manufacturer went out of their way to make a tiny bezel (which I love) and thus they hide the buttons around one side, on the back, which is inconvenient. I'm not sure what better alternative there is, except having them in a similar position but closer to the middle of the screen. Given the size of the monitor, reaching for the buttons puts your face fairly close to the screen. This may be an issue for some people, not for others.
Ignoring those issues, the monitor is gorgeous. The bezel is about 1cm on three sides, and maybe 2cm on the bottom. Mine arrived with zero dead pixels. Default brightness is great for my needs, and the color is spot-on. I used a professional graphics monitor for years, and had struggled with it because of un-correctable red channel issues, so it's a relief to have this monitor with great, clean color. White whites, black blacks, and accurate RGB rendering. Being able to adjust the black point independently of contrast is excellent.
At first I hesitated with getting a monitor of this size. Silly me. I had previous used two 24" monitors turned 90° situated side-by-side, but that became annoying both due to the extra-large "center" bezel, the difference in color rendering, and also the inability to get every OS upgrade and video driver upgrade to recognize both monitors and use them at full resolution. Those issues are all eliminated by this monitor, and I'm quite pleased with the extra screen real estate.
Performance is fine for me. I suspect the response time would not be satisfactory for serious gamers, but I have no issues with it. The power consumption is also far lower than one of my older monitors, which is great for avoiding issues with heating up the room in summer.
When I first started using the Viewsonic, I was pretty amazed. My previous monitor was a 28 inch so the larger screen size was a step up. The curve is nice and at first, I was really impressed but in all honesty, after the novelty wore off, I realized that it's not life-changing.
This particular model is good, despite the somewhat dated refresh rate and other performance-related specs. I'm not an expert on displays but for the price, it's a decent option.
The problem I have experienced is with text. It isn't especially crisp in a full-sized window. Also, when windows open up, they often do so in odd positions on the screen. This is hard to explain but it's like the PC doesn't really understand the view. I always have to drag the window to the center.
I'll summarize with this: I'm happy with it because it's large, was inexpensive, and it LOOKS really good on my desk but when I upgrade again, I will definitely spend the extra money for a higher quality display.