Are you looking for a complete blueprint how you can set up an image sharing hub with 100 % user-generated content? All powered by WordPress, the most popular open-source web site creation software today, plus free code you can download? Then look you no further.
In almost excruciating detail this book shows you how you can set up a web site that allows your users to upload images. All user-generated content is then presented and ready to be shared with the world in a visually appealing gallery design.
Looking for examples of use? Just search the web for "pet shaming" and you find sites allowing pet owners to upload images of their pets. This book shows you exactly how to build such a site.
About This Book
- A step-by-step guide on how to set up an image sharing hub, where users can freely upload images. The software used is WordPress, the most popular open-source web content management system (or CMS) in the world today.
- The book comes with a complete design (in WordPress speak: "theme") and code for social sharing that you can download from the book's supporting web site.
- Advice on what additional code (in WordPress they're called "plugins") to install to make your site faster, safer and easier to find by search engines.
- Tips on how you can market your site's content and perhaps making it go viral.
- Quick tips how you can make money with your image-sharing hub.
- The author is open for feedback, so you can make this book better by contributing to it!
Who Is This Book For?
First, only basic knowledge of WordPress, the most popular open-source software for creating modern websites these days, is necessary.
You're not looking for any dry theory or a WordPress general beginner's book, but a practical step-by-step guide with loads of screenshots.
Three types of individuals could find this book very useful:
- Company Managers responsible for social media or online marketing, looking for a blueprint how to set up a user-generated content site.
- Web community leaders of things that are visually appealing. Perhaps you're looking for a way that your fellow community members can upload images of their creations (for example, in the knitting or crocheting world) and share them with everyone.
- You're a web entrepreneur or expert for all things viral, so you already have a concept in mind for image-centric user-generated content. All you need is a complete solution based on WordPress.
What Will You Learn?
- Step-by-step you create a complete image-sharing hub with WordPress and free downloadable code, where users can upload images and share them on all popular social media.
- You learn how to moderate image submissions and protect your site from spam.
- You implement social sharing and social follow buttons and learn what they do, plus you incorporate feeds from your social pages into your site.
- You install essential WordPress plugins that make your site safer and faster and improve its visibility in Google search results (SEO).
- Users can subscribe to new content. You will implement a free and easy way to achieve that.
- You will do an absolute minimum of WordPress "housekeeping" and also install a backup plugin.
- You'll find useful tips on marketing your content, making it go viral, plus - if that is your aim - how to make money from your user-generated content site.