Useful Belief turns the "be positive" industry upside down with a fresh and modern approach to achievement. Sometimes things in life are not positive. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. If you've had a nightmare of a year, the last thing you want to hear is "Be positive!" Instead, you need an actual strategy to dig yourself out, and a truly useful guidebook to show you where to go next. This is that guidebook.
Through the engaging tale of a business traveller and the three significant encounters on his journey, this book takes you on a journey of your own — to self awareness, and an improved approach to business, parenting and relationships. You'll learn how thinking "useful" is better than thinking "positive", and you'll uncover the utility of your past, present and future challenges. You'll undergo a major shift in the way you solve your problems, and you'll learn how to navigate your way out of ambiguity and toward success.
If you have challenges at work right now, just deciding to "be positive" will not fix them. Useful belief and strategy will. This book shows you how to frame your challenges to make them surmountable, and how to formulate an action plan for getting where you need to be.
- Learn a simple self-awareness strategy that turns problems into plans
- Discover the truth about "truth" and the importance of "useful"
- Go beyond positivity to actually fix personal and professional problems
- Uncover the valuable lessons you've learned from the challenges you've overcome
Everything that has ever happened to you has happened for a reason. It doesn't matter if it's true, because it's useful to believe it is true. Useful Belief leads you toward the self-awareness and strategic outlook you need to achieve personal fulfillment and professional success.
From the Back Cover
Useful Belief is a game changer for motivation and performance. For years, people have been told to try and be 'positive', but the reality is that when most people try they can't sustain it and end up feeling worse than when they started out.
This book is about having belief systems that support you, and asking questions of yourself such as, 'What is the most useful thing to believe about this situation?' and 'What is the most useful thing that I could do today to get me closer to where I want to be?'
This book will challenge you to:
- decide what belief system you want to live by
- change your approach to various situations, clients and teams
- apply a new framework to help improve the focus of your time and energy
- feel empowered and motivated with changes you can implement right away.
What if this was the book that shifted your approach and made you better?