Based on the real life experiences of professional guitarist Byron Johnston, Unlocking The Music Business (UTMB) is packed with practical information for getting started in the music industry.
Many music business guides, although well written, often miss the fundamental sticking points that hold artists back from progressing in the early days. They focus on selling the dream and telling the story of the lucky one per cent who go on to make eleventy-million dollars and (seem to) appear out of nowhere.
UTMB is different. It’s for the 99 per cent of us who are the bands, singers and songwriters that are just starting out. It identifies the common hurdles that we face, then provides proven, workable solutions. Having tackled these challenges himself, the author understands the value of cultivating a confident and motivated mind set when it comes to music.
A practical approach to getting gigs, finding fans and writing music, is just part of the journey. UTMB goes beyond these parameters, equipping you with the tools to boost performance confidence and motivation techniques that will help you to move forwards with mastering your craft.
This book covers:
· Tools to accelerate your practice and master music faster
· How to form bands and trouble shoot early collaborative problems
· Using practice studios, or converting space at home into a rehearsal area
· Building a fan base and buzz for your music before you’ve even played your first gig
· How to book gigs and work directly with venues or with promoters
· How to build and manage a network of contacts
· Making your first gigs successful — a thorough and complete approach
· Tips for photo shoots, building websites, social media
· How to make music videos on a budget
SPECIAL FREE BONUS FOR READERS
By purchasing this book, you’ll also get access to free, bonus downloadable content. This includes templates for fan mail signups, pre-gig checklist, practice plan, contacts and gig info database PLUS over an hour of audio recordings designed to help you get performance ready.
By purchasing UTMB you’ll then be able to download bonus material, for free. Access templates for fan mail sign-ups, pre-gig checklists….and a gig info database that will save you time with reaching out to venues and managing gig bookings PLUS over an hour of audio recordings designed to help you get performance ready.
The book is written for musicians as well as their friends and relatives who often help out with managing and organising.