Pathological Demand Avoidance is a familiar diagnosis in England, but most psychologists from the US still haven't heard of it, or would rather use 5 other labels to try and capture the same phenomenon.
For some of you parents who have tried for years to find parenting resources that makes sense and fit your child, this might be what you're looking for. A group of researchers in England have identified some consistent themes in kids who are often referred to them as being "autistic-like" or "reminds me of autism, but not quite..." These kids need a different approach because they have found that they need the OPPOSITE of what usually works for typical autism spectrum kids.
There is so much I could say about the research they have done. If you are sick of having a million labels stuck on your kid, see if this one describes it all in one fell swoop.
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers; 1 edition (15 September 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781849050746
- ISBN-13: 978-1849050746
- ASIN: 1849050740
- Product Dimensions: 17.6 x 1.4 x 24.6 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 449 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 23,599 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)