Did you have a difficult childhood? If so, you might be dealing with the distressing effects that trauma can have on your mind, body and behaviour.
To help you develop a deeper understanding of trauma, The Wellness Society worked with a group of trauma survivors to produce the online guide Understanding and Healing Trauma. Following its popularity, we decided to convert it into this eBook.
In this comprehensive yet concise introductory guide, you’ll discover:
- A brief overview of what trauma is and how it can impact you
- Four important ways to heal trauma
- Seven therapies experts recommend for treating trauma
- Stories from trauma survivors about what helped them feel better
- Insights and videos from trauma experts such as Bessel van der Kolk, Peter Levine, and Pat Ogden
- 76 affirmations for trauma survivors, by trauma survivors
- How to compile an action plan for healing trauma
- And more!