- Hardcover: 235 pages
- Publisher: Kunati Inc (1 April 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 160164163X
- ISBN-13: 978-1601641632
- Product Dimensions: 14.6 x 2.5 x 22.2 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 431 g
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
The Unbreakable Child: A Story About Forgiving the Unforgivable Hardcover – 1 Apr 2009
|New from||Used from|
MP3 CD, Audiobook, MP3 Audio, Super Audio CD - DSD
There is a newer edition of this item:
About the Author
Kim Michele Richardson is a writer and the founder of the Explorers Club, a writing and reading workshop for middle school students. She successfully won the lawsuit against the Roman Catholic Sisters of Charity of Nazareth, with a settlement to be shared among 45 abuse survivors. She lives in Kentucky.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Thank goodness the author switched back and forth in the book between her childhood and her time as an adult when she was working with her lawyer to speak out for herself, her sisters, and the other children who were abused in the orphanage. The readers needed a break from all the abuse, but there was no escape from it for those abused children until they left the orphanage.
How wonderful it is that the author has managed to find it in her heart to forgive the people who abused her and the other orphans and is able to appreciate the family she has now. Her book about the terrible situation of her own childhood may provide more help to others than she will ever know. It certainly should help most readers to appreciate their own childhoods and to be more aware of abuse today.
One must understand that this story took place in just one small institution in America, yet it was far from an isolated incident and is, in fact indicative of a centuries old widespread corruption. Ms.Richardson's courage and resolve is to be applauded.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Women
- Books > Family & Lifestyle > Parenting & Family > Family Relationships > Abuse > Child Abuse
- Books > History > Americas > United States > State & Local
- Books > History > World > Religious > Christianity
- Books > Humour & Entertainment
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Institutions & Organisations
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides