UNCLE BEN'S Tomato Basil Rice, 6 x 250g
- Uncle Ben's Tomato and Basil Rice provides a tasty and savoury meal accompaniment
- Simply no need for artificial colours flavors or preservatives
- Perfect in 90 seconds
- Stock up with this pack of 6
- This product is safe to use for babies aged 2 years+
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Flavour: Tomato Basil
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Legal Disclaimer:Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.com.au is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Ingredients:Long Grain Rice 86%, Tomatoes 8% (from Paste and Dice), Vegetable Oil, Flavour, Sun-Dried Tomato (contains Preservative (Sodium Metabisulphite)), Basil 0.5%, Garlic 0.5%, Sugar, Yeast Extract, Salt, Colour (Paprika Oleoresin), Pepper, Rosemary, Vegetable Gum (Xanthan (contains Soy)), Oregano, Chilli.
From the manufacturer
We make an Uncle Ben's Microwave Rice variety to complement every recipe, from Asian and Mexican rice dishes to classic mid-week meals.
They're not just great tasting…all our products contain absolutely no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, just the most wholesome ingredients.
Our rice pouches cook in just 2 minutes meaning you can have a tasty meal in no time!
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 350g raw prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 400g bean sprouts
- 400g chopped bok choy
- 2 red serrano or jalapeño chilli
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped ginger
- 2 pouches Uncle Ben's Microwavable Rice
- 2 ½ tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
Ginger and Soy Prawn Stir Fry
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- In a large non-stick wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir prawns for 1 minute. Stir in bean sprouts, bok choy, chili and ginger. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until prawn is pink and vegetables are crisp tender.
- Meanwhile heat rice as directed on package. Stir rice, soy sauce and coriander into prawn mixture until thoroughly combined and heated through.
- 250g boneless, skinless chicken breasts , sliced into thin strips
- 2 tsp. fajita spice mix
- 15ml oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 capsicums, one red, one yellow and one green, deseeded and sliced
- 4 soft flour tortillas
- 1 jar salsa, to serve
- 1 jar sour cream, to serve
- 1 pouch Uncle Ben's Spicy Mexican Microwave Rice
Chicken Fajitas with Spicy Mexican Rice
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
- Mix together the chicken and fajita spice mix.
- Heat oil in large pan on med-high heat, add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onions and capsicums, cook for further 2-3 minutes.
- Add Uncle Ben's Spicy Mexican Microwave Rice, and mix through for the final 2 minutes. Spread warm tortillas with salsa and sour cream, and add spoonfuls of the chicken, vegetable and rice mix.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Showing 1-8 of 10 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I chose Uncle Ben's Special Fried Rice as it's great for a quick snack before work if you're running low on time and also if you're feeling a bit lazy you can just pop one packet of these into the microwave for only 90 seconds and bam! You've got a meal that you can eat right out of the packet or quickly pour it into some tupperware to take with you on the go. It's tasty and honestly.. who doesn't like special fried rice?
Definitely worth giving them a go!
We like rice at our place, but it's always the home made and cooked in a rice cooker.
I had the opportunity to try this rice for free in return for my honest opinion in the form of a review. This is it!
This rice is a pretty good version of authentic fried rice. For my taste It does need a little additional salt or soy sauce, and I much rather bring it up to taste with my choice of salt, soy or tamari.
It can be heated in the microwave, but I prefer it gently heated in a covered pan on the stove with a few splashes of water.
We had it served with dumplings. Aside from a little extra soy sauce, all I added were some chopped fresh shallots.
It tasted good! I would purchase it again. Recommended!
This is a very easy meal to cook (takes 90 seconds in the microwave) so would be perfect for students. Its has a similar texture and consistency to normal rice, and is very nice. I feared it would be too salty but this was not the case. The chicken flavor could have been a bit stronger as this was very mild, however would be great as a meal by itself or as a side dish.
This is a quick and easy side to a meal (or could even be a meal in itself!). If you were eating it by itself, each 250g packet would probably only serve one but if you eat it with some protein and additional vegetables, then it would definitely serve 2. It tastes great and is pretty healthy too!
I thought the fried rice was actually pretty good. It is easy and quick to heat up. It could be even better if there were more vegetables in the rice.
We used to accompany some meat from the BBQ. It would also work well with a stir fry.