- Product Dimensions: 3 x 13 x 18.5 cm ; 249 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 1.7 Kg
- Item Model Number: 171264
- ASIN: B003TWW6PS
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 11 October 2018
- Average Customer Review: 14 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
155 in Pantry Food & Drinks (See Top 100 in Pantry Food & Drinks)
- #1 in Rice
Uncle Ben's Savoury Chicken Flavour Rice, 6 x 250g
- Uncle Ben's Brown Express Rice Savoury Chicken Flavour has no artificial colour, flavour or preservatives
- Perfect in 90 seconds
- National heart foundation approved
- Stock up with this pack of 6
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Flavour: Savoury Chicken
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Legal Disclaimer:Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.com.au is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Ingredients:Steamed Brown Rice 68%, Onion, Water, Capsicum 3.5%, Garlic 3.5%, Corn 3%, Carrot 2.5%, Vegetable Oil, Chicken Flavour 1%, Soy Sauce (contains Wheat), Paprika 0.5%, Turmeric, Bay Leaves, Yeast Extract, Vegetable Gum (Xanthan (contains Soy)), Pepper.
From the manufacturer
We make an Uncle Ben's Microwave Rice variety to complement every recipe, from Asian and Mexican rice dishes to classic mid-week meals.
They're not just great tasting…all our products contain absolutely no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, just the most wholesome ingredients.
Our rice pouches cook in just 2 minutes meaning you can have a tasty meal in no time!
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 350g raw prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 400g bean sprouts
- 400g chopped bok choy
- 2 red serrano or jalapeño chilli
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped ginger
- 2 pouches Uncle Ben's Microwavable Rice
- 2 ½ tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
Ginger and Soy Prawn Stir Fry
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- In a large non-stick wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir prawns for 1 minute. Stir in bean sprouts, bok choy, chili and ginger. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until prawn is pink and vegetables are crisp tender.
- Meanwhile heat rice as directed on package. Stir rice, soy sauce and coriander into prawn mixture until thoroughly combined and heated through.
- 250g boneless, skinless chicken breasts , sliced into thin strips
- 2 tsp. fajita spice mix
- 15ml oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 capsicums, one red, one yellow and one green, deseeded and sliced
- 4 soft flour tortillas
- 1 jar salsa, to serve
- 1 jar sour cream, to serve
- 1 pouch Uncle Ben's Spicy Mexican Microwave Rice
Chicken Fajitas with Spicy Mexican Rice
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
- Mix together the chicken and fajita spice mix.
- Heat oil in large pan on med-high heat, add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onions and capsicums, cook for further 2-3 minutes.
- Add Uncle Ben's Spicy Mexican Microwave Rice, and mix through for the final 2 minutes. Spread warm tortillas with salsa and sour cream, and add spoonfuls of the chicken, vegetable and rice mix.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Amazon's ChoiceCustomers also viewed these Amazon's Choice items
Review this product
14 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Added soy sauce. Added more... and more.
Ok better for another couple of mouthfuls and then nope, can't do it.
So no, not to my taste.
Tried again with another packet. Heated it in the microwave as per directions then added it a wok with some oil and fried it. Made it into a nice chicken fried rice with added egg and soy and I actually didn't mind it. So will use again for a base.
They don't take too long to reheat in the microwave and are good for a snack/light dinner after having a heavier meal for lunch. The six pack was handy because they lasted me a while and effectively worked out to a fairly decent bulk purchase discount compared to the single unit price when ordering via Amazon.
I do like to always have some of these style quick rice sachets in the cupboard, but I usually just get plain brown ones so I can mix in a tin of tuna or salmon or other different flavours and spices as it lets you mix it up a bit more.
[I received a free batch of these via Amazon's Vine program when it initially launched but system issues prevented me from being able to post a review at the time - that looks like it has been fixed, but it also looks like they launched the vine program prematurely.]
I chose Uncle Ben's Special Fried Rice as it's great for a quick snack before work if you're running low on time and also if you're feeling a bit lazy you can just pop one packet of these into the microwave for only 90 seconds and bam! You've got a meal that you can eat right out of the packet or quickly pour it into some tupperware to take with you on the go. It's tasty and honestly.. who doesn't like special fried rice?
Definitely worth giving them a go!