Love the story having first read it when I was very young, timeless masterpiece.
My one dislike is that the narrator has very limited voices he can use for the vast array of characters there are, they end up sounding either posh or country accents and unless you already know the storyline and the characters it would be very hard to follow. My other dislike are the recitals of poetry, delivered in such a boring fashion, and with no variation which ever character is supposed to be saying them I ended up saying aloud oh not again.
Would like to hear it read by someone or maybe various narrators with more character in there tones.
Overall my love of The Lord of the Rings wins me over.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 16 hours and 36 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Limited
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 26 December 2004
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B00WR1KLMW
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 194 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)