Another enjoyable read in the series. Joe and Alex's friendship started with a lie - Joe assuming Eric's online identity and messaging Alex, not ever expecting to meet her but enjoying their chats. Alex gets sick while in town, and Joe helps nurse her back to health. Along the way she realises that Joe isn't all bad, and apart from that lie, they actually have a lot in common.
The storyline was fun and I liked seeing them come together. Sadly I found the ending very rushed - from about the 70% mark the storyline flow was disrupted, and several major events occurred with little to no buildup or follow through. Given the book ended on this note, it let down the rest of the story which was of the usual standard for this author.
Hopefully the next book picks back up and doesn't rush.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 7 hours and 34 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Macmillan Audio
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 11 April 2017
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B06WD1V2JD
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 12,416 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)