I love how succinctly this book describes what so many creatives struggle to understand and transcend (and many never do). This book cuts to the chase and does so with style, grace and depth. Steven's explanation of the connection between art and addiction is on point and brought me a greater sense of understanding and compassion for some of the addicts in my life who have so much talent, yet are stuck in self-destructive loops.
It has helped inspire me to show up for my purpose more consistently and embrace the long term game of being a creative for life.
I highly recommend this book to entrepreneurs, changemakers, truthseekers, artists and visionaries out there who battle with self-doubt and feel at times like throwing in the towel on their dreams. If you let it sink in and apply the practice, it will help you!
- Paperback: 148 pages
- Publisher: Black Irish Entertainment LLC (31 May 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1936891034
- ISBN-13: 978-1936891030
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 0.9 x 20.3 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 159 g
- Customer Reviews: 857 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 17,811 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)