I had heard that Thomas Sowell was very much worth reading so I found this shallow simplistic work quite disappointing.
He begins by reasoning that "trickle down" doesnt exist because no economist has used the name.
Then after that breathtaking bit of tap dancing says that higher taxes on the wealthy dont work because they use tx shelters. Unimpressively he goes b ck to 1916 to explain that when USA ws trying to pay for WW1 its wealthiest citizens responded by dodging there taxes.
He seems to have strted with his mi nd made up and cherry picked facts and evaded the point in order to give simpletons enough one liners to obfuscate any real debate.
A bit of a lightweight as an economist if this is anything to go by.
- Paperback: 20 pages
- Publisher: Hoover Institution Press; 1st edition (30 September 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0817916156
- ISBN-13: 978-0817916152
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 0.3 x 22.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 45.4 g
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 88,491 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)