Well the title is now explained. This story skates along so many moral issues of human decency to make me wish I had never read it.
The fact Jack and Andi started an affair while his wife was still alive (albeit in a coma) irked me. Barely a year after her accident and he was ripe for love again. His daughters accepted the situation without much opposition. Worse, Andi got pregnant and they still went along with it. And then his wife woke up from the coma to discover his betrayal. And then she gave him up without a fight.
It would have been better to let the wife die, but the author then decided to write a sequel. The whole story just made me angry. To introduce a sequel was just annoying.
- Paperback: 358 pages
- Publisher: HTJB, Inc.; Reprint edition (23 October 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1942295251
- ISBN-13: 978-1942295259
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.1 x 22.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 522 g
- Customer Reviews: 961 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 417,553 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)