- Product Dimensions: 6.4 x 24.8 x 25.4 cm ; 372 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 386 g
- Item Model Number: 42457-500
- ASIN: B005AIIA4A
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 4 March 2018
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
7,167 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (See Top 100 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories)
- #30 in Messenger Bags
Travelon Anti-Theft Classic Essential Messenger Bag, Black (Black) - 42457 500
|Price:||+ $10.65 Delivery|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Cross-body bag in slash-proof construction featuring adjustable cut-proof strap and logo plaque at front
- Locking compartments. Strap Length- 25 - 45. Strap Drop Length- 14 - 25.25
- RFID-blocking card and passport slots
- Removable LED light
Amazon Global Store
- International products have separate terms and are sold from abroad and may differ from local products including fit, age rating, and language of product, labeling, or instructions.
- Manufacturer warranty may not apply but you may have other rights under law.
- Limited Time Offer: Prime members get FREE Expedited delivery on all Prime eligible orders from Amazon US. T&Cs and Prime membership fee apply. Learn more
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
How Travelon Anti-Theft bags protect your valuables and your identity
Locking Straps & Compartments
Locking Straps allow you to lock your bag to a stationary object like a chair. This protects against grab-n-go thieves.
Locking Compartments protect against pickpockets commonly found in restaurants, shopping areas and crowded venues.
All body panels (front, sides, bottom and back) have a stainless-steel mesh that lies under the outer fabric and between the lining. This protects you against slash-n-grab thieves commonly found in crowds and transportation stations.
Within the straps are stainless steel cables that run the full length of the strap and protect against slash-n-grab thieves commonly found in parking or isolated areas.
RFID Blocking Slots & Pockets
Many credit cards, identity cards, and all passports contain RFID chips with your valuable information on them. Every travelon bag has RFID blocking card and passport slots and pockets to protect you against identity thieves. Common identity theft occurs when a thief with a small hand-held scanner walks by you and skims the information off your cards or passport that lie unprotected in your wallet or bag. These everyday identity thieves can be found everywhere in the world - which is why this type of theft occurs so frequently.
Review this product
2 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Although I didn't buy it specifically for the anti-theft features, I do like that I can lock the zippers. That said all the locks really are is clips, and if I was looking to travel with this I would not put anything very valuable in the outer pocket (that zipper is easier to get to and get undone when you are wearing the purse). Ironically, that's where most of the RFID card slots are, probably for ease of access for me, but I feel like "easy access" kind of goes against the idea of "anti-theft". Still, I would definitely recommend the purse because there is plenty of room in the main pocket.
Still worse, however, the photo appears to be of an old design (as I learned when I cross-checked with the Travelon website just now)! The purse I received has a different shoulder strap clasp which is much easier to undo (not the old unscrew design shown in the photo). With the design in the photo, I would just carry the bag with the shoulder strap clasp towards the front for better security. However, in another design change, both the main and front wallet compartment zippers now lock on the other end from the shoulder strap clasp, and with a different design that is also much easier to undo with just one hand. The new zipper tabs just have a tiny carabiner clip on the end to hook onto a ring, not the two-piece design shown in the photo. If you carry the purse with the shoulder strap clasp to the front, these easy to undo pulls are behind you when the purse is closed. If you carry the purse with the zipper pulls in front, the shoulder strap clasp is in back. It appears (at the moment) that the Pewter color photo is the only accurate photo showing the new clasp and zipper pulls.
This is a fundamentally flawed "Anti-Theft" design. I am so disappointed because my other Travelon purses are great. Sadly, I am returning this one.
I just used it in crowded Shanghai (relatively little crime, but massively crowded subways, motor scooters on sidewalks, etc.) and am about to use it in Istanbul (pickpocketing, etc.). Advantages:
- all the right pockets and places
- great locking mechanisms. Would not prevent pickpocketing from clever thieves, but would s,ow it down. Most importantly, it signals that you aren’t an easy mark, which I think is its biggest advantage by far.
- comfortable cross body design, with the ability to turn it into a regular side purse
- subtle looking, with relatively minimal hardware hanging off, given all of the pockets and locks.
How I hacked it to make it better:
- I added locking s-biner black clips to attach my camera to my purse, and my phone, which I have a special case with a strap on it. Besides making it hard to grab on a subway, it makes it impossible for me to drop either. And again, signals that I am not an easy mark. See attached pic)
- I don’t keep anything important in the front pocket, even though there are places for credit cards. Instead, I kept my passport and big $ inside the zipper pockets. Smaller money, I put in a coin purse in the back pocket that I (again) attached with a mini locking s-biner clip to the outside of the purse.
What would make it better:
- I wish the hardware on the outside of the black purse (I.e., zippers, locks, etc.) were black instead of silver, to it was sleeker looking. If it had that, I would use it as my primary purse, instead of only as a travel purse.