Although losing someone you love to a sudden or violent death is a shocking and life changing experience, there are steps you can take to heal. Written by a trauma therapist who has recovered from her own traumatic grief experience, this book provides you with:
- Activities that promote emotional healing
- Methods to stop nightmares, recurring images, and thoughts
- How to clear guilt/regrets and open up to new experiences
- Ways to get the support you want from other people
- How to retain “the living story” of your loved one and sense them as a positive or supportive presence in your life
About the Author
Courtney Armstrong is a licensed professional counselor who owns a private practice in Chattanooga, Tennessee. In practice since 1995, she counsels people recovering from grief and trauma, and trains mental health professionals in innovative methods of treatment that promote resilience. When Courtney is not counseling or teaching, she enjoys riding her bike and hiking with her husband and their faithful dog, Buzz. For more info about Courtney, visit her website at www.courtneyarmstronglpc.com.