Tile Mate - Key Finder. Phone Finder. Anything Finder - 1-Pack
- The world’s best-selling Bluetooth tracker just got 25% smaller. Tile Mate easily loops onto keychains or attaches to anything you don’t want to lose so you can find it fast.
- Ring your things.Use your smartphone to make your Tile Mate ring when it’s nearby but out of sight.Ask others to help. Your Tile isn’t where you left it? You can anonymously enlist help in the Tile community. With over 5 million Tile devices sold, it is the world’s largest lost and found network.
- Find your phone. Can't find your phone? Simply double press the button on your Tile Mate to make your phone ring -even on silent!
- See where you had it last. The easy-to-use, free Tile app remembers the last time and place it saw your Tile, so if you left it somewhere, you’ll always know where to look.
- Battery life:One year from shipment: Charging:None All activity measurements and calculations are estimates. Accuracy is affected by various factors including physiology, location of device, and different movements.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
One of the world’s best-selling Bluetooth trackers, redesigned
Twenty-five percent smaller than the original Tile, Tile Mate easily hooks onto keychains or attaches to anything you care about. It’s the small, powerful companion for life’s little valuables.
Our Bluetooth tracking will find items in a short to medium range distance. For the longer range, the Tile community’s global network can help find your item.
Ring your things
Use your smartphone to make your Tile Mate ring when it’s nearby, but out of sight. If your Tile Mate is within Bluetooth range, it will play a loud tune until you find it.
Find your phone
Tile Mate is perfect for hooking onto your keys, luggage, bags, or anything else you never want to lose. Or use the Tile Mate adhesives (sold separately) to stick Tile Mate to any flat surface, so you can always find your things.
See where you had it
The Tile app automatically records the last time and place it saw your item. So, if you left it somewhere, you know where to look first.
Get help from the community
If your item goes missing, the Tile community can help. When any user in Tile’s global network comes within range of your missing item, the Tile app will notify you to its most recent location. Everyday, over half a million items are found with Tile.
Choose your ringtone
Couch cushions, pockets, and purses don’t stand a chance against the powerful ring of Tile Mate. Tile Mate comes with four preset ringtones for you to choose from.
Attach it to anything
Tile Mate is perfect for hooking onto your keys, luggage, bags, or anything else you want to easily attach it to. Or use the Tile Mate adhesives (sold separately) to stick your Tile Mate device to any flat surface, allowing you to find what matters most with ease.
Tiles are meant to make life easier and less stressful. With that in mind, Tile’s non-replaceable battery will last one year with zero charging required. After a year, you can replace your old Tiles with new ones for a special community-member price.
Please be advised that Tile’s connectivity and app are affected by a known Bluetooth issue with devices using Android 6.0.X (Marshmallow). Connectivity issues are confirmed to be fixed in Android 6.0.1. for Nexus devices.
Any devices that do not have Bluetooth 4.0 or BLE, will not work. This is due to the fact that these handsets do not have the hardware to communicate with our Tile hardware or companion app.
What's in the box:
- 1 Bluetooth enabled Tile.
Tile works on Apple iOS and Android devices with Bluetooth 4.0 or BLE.
- Supported Apple Devices using iOS 8.1+: iPhone (Released 2011 or newer): 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus; iPad (Released 2012 or later): 3rd Gen, 4th Gen, Air, Pro; iPad Mini; iPod Touch 5th gen and above; Apple Watch (your iPhone (5 or later) must be running iOS 8.2 or higher to support the Apple Watch).
- Supported Android Devices using 4.4.2 or higher (KitKat or Lollipop, with the exception of Marshmallow 6.0.0): Samsung Galaxy: S5, S6, S7, S8; Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Note 5; OnePlus One; HTC One M8; HTC One; LG Nexus: 4, 5, 6; Motorola Moto X; Moto G.
- If your device is not on this list but uses Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a good chance Tile will work fine, but we are not able to offer the same level of support in troubleshooting scenarios.
Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I bought a few of these and love them, but one just ran out of battery so I took it apart. I was pleasantly surprised to find a CR2032 button cell, I buy my coin batteries in bulk from Amazon.
No soldering was involved.
The speaker is located to the right of the key ring hole, if the Tile's speaker fails to work after taking it apart just push in( on the speaker side). I suppose some 30awg wire can be soldered to hardwire the speaker contacts, It wasn't necessary, but it's an option if you can't get the speaker contacts to line up again.
I'm just going to purchase one of those leather cases so I won't need to reseal the Tile completely.
I only used a very small dab of glue on each corner so it'll be easier to open up again for next time.
The Tile system uses bluetooth to communicate between the Tile and the app on your phone. This limits the range of the device and provides only proximity detection. To resolve this problem, when locating a Tile device, the device plays a sound. Since the Tile device is not rechargeable and does not take a replacement battery, some thought had to be put into how to extend the battery life. A constant connection between the phone app and the tile is infeasible to maintain over the course of a year on a single battery.
The unfortunate end result is that the Tile system only irregularly connects to and can locate Tile devices. Standing in my kitchen with my phone in one hand and the Tile device in the other, the bluetooth did not connect and would not locate the Tile device.
At a larger scale, the GPS location of a Tile device is imprecise as well. As a test, I ensured that a Tile was connected to my phone via BlueTooth. I then left the tile in my car in long-term parking at the airport while I was gone on a trip. When I returned, I attempted to use the last known position function. The end result? The position wasn't close. If I had, say, dropped my keys the functionality would have been useless.
If the Tile were a one-time purchase, this inexact location system would be helpful. But as an expensive, annual subscription for new devices? It is nearly useless in practice.
I find this whole system ridiculous because there is no easy way to replace these batteries. I understand that batteries run out but how about making it easy for the consumer to change them INSTEAD OF HITTING THEM AGAIN WITH ANOTHER CHARGE. I will never buy another one of these again. You can’t tell me there’s no way of making a tile that can be changed easily. We put a man on the moon, people. Figure it out.
Dropped my keys on a bike ride home, didn't find out till I got there. Went to check Tile, and IT SAID MY TILE WAS LAST SEEN 4 DAYS AGO. The one time I needed it, it failed. I chose Tile because I thought it was reliable, and attached it to my BMW and mail key, which together cost $200+ to replace!