|Material Type||Cordura-like nylon 500D|
|Number of Pieces||1|
|Item Model Number||100070|
|Product Dimensions||16.99 x 61.01 x 61.01 cm; 1.16 Kilograms|
Thule Pack 'n Pedal Commuter Backpack, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Waterproof main compartment with roll top closure keeps contents dry
- Hideaway high visibility rain cover with reflective screen print for increased bag protection
- Hideaway helmet attachment system securely holds your helmet when not in usehelmet when not in use
- Padded, removable 15" laptop compartment with tablet sleeve sits on top of bag rather than flat against the cyclist back for greater comfort
- 360 degree reflective screen print increases visibility from all angles
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
This stylish, waterproof backpack is perfect for commuting by bike in all-weather conditions or hauling gear to your favorite spot. Packed with smart functions that guarantee a safe and convenient ride.
From the manufacturer
Thule Pack 'n Pedal Commuter Backpack
Commute in style
This stylish, waterproof backpack is perfect for commuting by bike in all-weather conditions or hauling gear to your favorite spot.
The Pack 'n Pedal Commuter backpack includes carrying solutions designed to house your cycling gear including your helmet, light, and U-Lock. There's also specific carrying solutions for your laptop, phone, and other items.
360 degree reflective elements increase visibility from all angles. There is also a build in light attachment on the back of the pack allowing you to bee seen in traffic.
- Volume: 1465 cu in
- Weight: 2.56 lb
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 18.9"x13.4"x6.7"
- Color: Black
- Waterproof: IPX4
- SKU No: 100070
Bring your life with you
Bring your gear
Hideaway helmet attachment system securley holds your helmet when not in use.
Protect your cargo
Padded, removable 15" laptop compartment with tablet sleeve sits on top of the bag rather than against your back for greater comfort.
Airflow channels on EVA back panel and breathable shoulder straps provide maximum comfort and ventilation.
Hideaway high visibility rain cover with reflective screen print for increased bag protection. Blinky light attachment points on back panel and rain cover remove the need for fixed mounts on the bike.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. Here are my pros and cons:
+ Spacious enough for everyday use, but forget the laptop for longer trips
+ Laptop sleeve is nice and rather spacious, has 2 pockets so you can have laptop + ipad or pen tablet and room for cables. It's also great that it's removable so you can either use it with another bag or remove and leave it home when you go camping or wherever
+ Zippers are good, nice and smooth, with a little issue (see below)
+ Sunglasses compartment is perfect, I use it everyday. And during the winter I place maybe a swiss army knife or a leatherman just in case. There is also a small pocket in there, perfect for lens wipes or whatever.
+ Rain cover pocket is awesome, I use it to store a small umbrella and can access it very easily
+ The helmet mesh is a great touch, although you won't use it too often, but if can also serve as extra storage for maybe a rain jacked or some light groceries
+ Front compartment is great for quick access storage. I use it to keep my headphones while not biking. But it does work fine as a bike lock pocket, as it is advertised
+ The straps are comfortable enough and the back pattern does help with sweat and cooling, but of course, not if you fill the bag to its fullest.
- A bit too few organization pockets. Would've loved to see at least one pocket in the main compartment
- The main compartment opening is rather complicated to use, you won't be able to just slide the backpack to your front and access the compartment. It takes about 2 minutes to get something out. So not good for quick access needs.
- Rain cover is fiddly to use and requires a surface to place the backpack. It's impossible to fit it without placing the backpack on something because of the clips system. The quality is good though, rubbery and 100% waterproof. But the downside is that it won't cover the entire backpack if you have it filled up. It only works with the roll top rolled all the way down, just like in the photos.
- The front large compartment zipper is impossible to close with one hand if you have stuff inside. In fact the whole backpack needs 2 hands to operate and this is probably the worst thing about it
- The top handle is uncomfortable to use, especially if you carry a lot and it's heavy. It needs a wider or padded handle. Even for 1-2 stops on the bus, my hands hurt and it's not even full.
- Not a big fan of the Thule Branding on the front, I don't see the point of people knowing what brand my backpack is and considering these sell in Apple stores, it might send the wrong message to the wrong people on the street.
- The key hook needs to be bigger and made of metal. It's so small and flimsy, I can't tell you how many times I stood like a fool in front of my apartment block trying to get the damn keys to open the door
That's it. There is definitely room for improvement, but right now, for the price, this is not a 5-star backpack and I only gave it 3 because it's good quality and hard to find something similar on the market.
It does feel that the capacity is a bit smaller what it should be.