- Hardcover: 388 pages
- Publisher: Capstone; 1 edition (23 April 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1906465592
- ISBN-13: 978-1906465599
- Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 3.6 x 20.1 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 816 g
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 7,255 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Think and Grow Rich - the Original Classic Hardcover – 23 Apr 2009
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Inside Flap
Think and Grow Rich reveals the money-making secrets of history's rich and famous, including: Henry Ford, Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, Thomas Edison and John D. Rockefeller.
This wealth creation classic, with a new introduction explaining the great universal truth famously alluded to by Hill, will give you the belief to follow your dreams and reach your goals.
From the Back Cover
Think and Grow Rich reveals the money-making secrets of hundreds of America's most affluent people. By thinking like them, you can become like them. Napoleon Hill's thirteen step programme will set you on the path to wealth and success.
This powerful 1937 classic, with present-day analysis from self-development authority Tom Butler-Bowdon, will continue to be read through the decades of economic boom and bust, proving that the magic formula for making money never changes.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I hope to update this review when I find a less crappy copy of this book, but avoid the version with the black cover with money on the bottom. (See pictures)
This book touts visualizing your goals as a method to speed up/ensure attainment. Research shows that the opposite is true. Visualizing your goals and imagining how it would feel to have achieved them has been show to consistently reduce drive and motivation. This book is full of misinformation like this, that if diligently applied will be counterproductive.
There is "the secret" alluded to in this book, and the subject of a nonsense DVD and book by the same title. The most important warning that I can give someone younger, after 20 years of time wasted looking for secrets is this: the only free cheese is in a mouse trap. Secrets to success do NOT exist. Time spent looking for "secrets" or applying them is time that could be invested in getting better at the fundamentals of whatever arena you are in.
One of the most basic examples would be personal finance: the only people getting rich off the "secrets of wealth" are the people selling those "secrets." Ultimately there are just a handful of things that matter in personal finance - get out of debt, live on a budget, invest in assets with a decent balance of risk & return, have a rainy day fund (and funds for other things you know are coming - Christmas gifts, college, etc.).
This book is selling a fantasy that appeals to deep biases that all humans have. Do yourself a favor, skip this book.
FRAUD ALERT ABOUT CLAIMED "UNABRIDGED" VERSIONS:
Yes, this is an amazing book! However, there are so many versions of this book. Amazon clumps all of the reviews of the various editions in to one group which adds to the confusion. The BEST version is the 1937 ORIGINAL. Many publishers of this book claim that there version is the 1937 ORIGINAL UNABRIDGED. Then you read the introduction and find out that the publisher revised it, abridged or "modernized" it. Thus making the original claim FALSE/LIE! Most interestingly, these revised/updated versions remove essential key words such as the word VIBRATIONS. The removal/substitution of this word completely changes the context of the sentence. I am a fairly spiritual person and reading the original unmodified 1937 version was MUCH MORE PROFOUND to me. In fact, so much of an affect that in 6 months of reading the original my salary increased by 50% WHILE working from home 98%. Naturally, I gave away all of the other versions I had
I spent over 10 HOURS reading through many comments on Amazon and Google. My goal was to find truly REAL 1937 ORIGINAL UNABRIDGED versions. Here are the BEST FORMATS of the ACTUAL REAL 1937 ORIGINAL UNABRIDGED VERSIONS of Think and Grow Rich:
Kindle Version: Think and Grow Rich: The Original 1937 Unedited Edition - Created by the OFFICIAL Napoleon Hill Foundation. Unfortunately, their physical book format is terrible. I think they simply photocopied the original and then tried to fit it on each page. The results, the font is too small and there is a TON of wasted white space for the margins. It is simply awful to read even though the their intentions were good. The most readable physical book version I have found is by Melvin Powers linked below.
Physical Book Version: Think and Grow Rich - Facsimile Edition that is by forward Melvin Powers.
P.S. I would be grateful if someone could point me to a good quality audiobook that is 100% for certain is a narration of the ACTUALLY REAL 1937 ORIGINAL UNABRIDGED VERSION.
1) You cannot acquire great wealth without a concrete plan for attaining that wealth, a serious passion that compels you to act on your plan continuously, and great faith that your plan will allow you to succeed.
2) Many of the world's greatest achievers were passionate to the point of obsession, and in order to emulate their success you must cultivate a desire until it becomes an obsession.
3) Material success does not come solely as a result of knowledge acquisition, but rather from one's ability to organize and transform specialized knowledge such that it can be delivered to a wide audience in the form of a product or service.
4) Persistence often makes the difference between success and failure. It is a state of mind that is essential to success and can be overcome through effort.
5) One of the common attributes of highly successful people is the ability to reach decisions quickly and to change them slowly. Most of us are the opposite.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Economics > Communication & Psychology > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Books > Business & Economics > Investing
- Books > Business & Economics > Job Hunting & Careers > Guides
- Books > Business & Economics > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Family & Lifestyle > Self-Help > Motivational
- Books > Family & Lifestyle > Self-Help > Success
- Books > Family & Lifestyle > Self-Help > Workplace > Job Satisfaction
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides