I read it and I continued to the end because I had read Orphan Train and been very impressed with that book. This one was well written, good characters and story but reality was a bit slipshod all through the book. Maybe I'm too picky but I found it hard to rationalise some of the happenings starting with how a typist would have been chosen to head an agent filtration department and how a character could be sent to France when she didn't really measure up and didn't know how to keep her mouth shut.
I have no doubt that many will enjoy this book... I really didn't and I'm disappointed in the author.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 11 hours and 41 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Harlequin Audio
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 29 January 2019
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B07JZFS92M
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 6,119 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)