Now we know why the grid came into existence and why the the grid was so interested in James Sinclair that he and the survivors were allowed to travel to another star system. This is a cautionary tale about the programming of artificial intelligences , that instructions given are literally followed.
Surprises in plots in science fiction in my reading experience have been rare but I can honestly say that there were two in this third book of "The Long Winter Trilogy". For those alone five stars is deserved but when one considers the writing quality, the language use, the character development, the story telling, the lack of any editorial errors, then a glowing five stars with a recommendation at the extremely high level is necessary.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 9 hours and 21 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Recorded Books
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 12 November 2019
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B07YVL1ZG7
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,879 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)