There was a lot to like about this book. I enjoyed the murderer using the same staging and weapons as other murders from literature (Agatha Christie, JD Robb, etc), as well as the culprit being someone in the book club. The red herrings flew thick and fast, and watching Charley, Marcus and company unravel the clues was entertaining.
And then we have the but. But the relationship between Charley and Marcus was not all that enjoyable, nor did I care about his inner monologues regarding his self doubts and screw ups. I just found him to be arrogant, ill tempered, and self centred. It didn’t matter that by the end of the book everything seemed to be all tickets-boo and they were now dating, his attitude for the majority of the story just really got my dander up.
3 stars ⭐️
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 8 hours and 38 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Audible Studios
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 31 January 2017
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B01MU8Z2FY
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 33,990 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)