When it's Time for a Change!
When was the last time you thought, 'This isn't right. I shouldn't be here. I should get out!' All too often, when things are bad, we think these thoughts and then do nothing. Circumstances seem to dictate that we should just put up with the situation: the bad relationship, the stressful job, the demands of family, the dangerous country...
But when the moment comes and our inner voice says, 'That's it! I'm OUT of here!' we can accomplish miracles in our lives.
Collected here are the stories of inspirational women who have come to that moment and found the courage to listen to the voice. They have made the decision to act, and have never looked back. In recounting their experiences they hope to support others for whom it really is:
Time for a Change is 16 stories shared by resilient and resourceful women who were in many instances forced to make changes in their lives. This book covers a range of subjects from Narcissistic personality disorder, toxic relationships, domestic violence, escaping from life in Eastern Europe under the watchful eyes of State Police, dealing with drugs in the family, recovery from stroke, or serious physical traumas, and relocating your life when it's not always your choice to do so.
Steffi August has compilied a wonderful book filled with inspirational journeys by women who found there was even more strength in themselves than they ever imagined they may have needed. The resilience to stand up, fight back, make a change, and then use their own life lessons to inspire others.
- Kristina, who escaped from living with a partner who had Narcissitic Personality Disorder
- Areena, who started her own organisation to help other burns victims like her
- BB Bear and Donna, who both had to face the reality of living with tragic circumstances and damaging environments
- AJF whose dream job turned into a complete nightmare
- Christine who had to help her son with a serious drug addiction
- Buffy who had to leave her beloved Rhodesian homeland when it became too dangerous to stay
- Paola who struggled with an abusive partner and a lifetime of negative emotional issues
- Kaaren who suffered a life threatening stroke as a young mother and the painful recovery that followed
- And Steffi's own journey from growing up in East Germany until finally being allowed to leave shortly before the Berlin Wall came down.
This book will fill your heart, open you up to the possibilities of just what you might achieve in your own life when you reach that point of saying - "It's Time for a Change, I'm outta here!"