- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
Carjuzaa: Teach MIDDL Secon Schoo_10 Paperback – 26 April 2012
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enhance your purchase
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
- Publisher : Pearson; 10th edition (26 April 2012)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 416 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0132696207
- ISBN-13 : 978-0132696203
- Dimensions : 21.72 x 2.92 x 27.56 cm
- Customer Reviews:
From the Back Cover
Teaching in the Middle and Secondary Schools remains an influential text for pre-service teachers studying middle and secondary school teaching methods. Containing activities that focus on student-centered learning, real life scenarios that apply critical teaching skills, and in-chapter exercises as well as end-of-chapter activities, this text is a valuable instructional text and future resource for professionals.
The new tenth edition is tech savvy and updated, including a greater focus on middle school teaching methods and curriculum, 21st Century Skills, and analysis of student assessment and achievement. Diversity and cultural differences among students are thematically integrated and applied to all areas of study.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
· A new chapter, Middle and Secondary Schools Today and Tomorrow: Reform Efforts, Challenges and Issues, and Trends and Practices, examines the changing nature of school reform, fundamental characteristics of exemplary education including 21st Century Skills, Response to Intervention, and Differentiated Instruction, and the challenges, problems, and issues that face schools today.
· A new chapter,Designing Lesson and Unit Plans to Engage All Students, emphasizes the importance of learning how to design lesson and unit plans that respond to the needs of all students
· New focus on multicultural education, instruction, and the inclusive classroom
· Integration of current technologies, using technology, and 21st Century Skills
About the Author
Dr. Jioanna Carjuzaa holds a Ph.D. in Multicultural, Social and Bilingual Foundations of Education from the University of Colorado-Boulder. At Montana State University she serves as the Executive Director of the Center for Bilingual and Multicultural Education. She teaches courses in Education and Native American Studies. Jioanna is grateful to serve as the facilitator for Indian Education for all professional development opportunities for the MSU community, as the co-advisor to American Indian Council, and as the faculty advisor for the Wanji Oyate Education Cohort for Native students pursuing teaching careers. She was the recipient of the 2013 G. Pritchy Smith Multicultural Educator of the Year Award.
Richard D. Kellough spent 11 years as a high school teacher, including three years as teacher-principal, 34 years as professor of secondary education at California State University, Sacramento, and he has authored or co-authored more than 60 books for educators.