You don't need to own a Kindle device to enjoy Kindle books. Download one of our FREE Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on all your devices.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Teaching Phonics & Word Study in the Intermediate Grades (Scholastic Teaching Strategies) Kindle Edition
See all 2 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 320 pages||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled||Page Flip: Enabled|
- Similar books to Teaching Phonics & Word Study in the Intermediate Grades (Scholastic Teaching Strategies)
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Kindle Monthly Deals
New deals each month starting at $1.49. Learn more
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
In this follow-up to the best-selling Phonics From A-Z, you get what you need to teach the phonics your students need: concise background in linguistics you need to know, lively, ready-made lessons for teaching phonics, syllabification, and root words, extensive word lists, quick assessments, daily activities and games, and more. All delivered in a simple, teacher-friendly format. With this book, all your students will learn to read with accuracy, comprehension, fluency, and pleasure.
Wiley Blevins is an early reading specialist who holds a Master of Education degree from Harvard University. A former elementary school teacher, Wiley has written and edited many phonics and reading materials. He is the author of Quick and Easy Learning Games: Phonics, Phonemic Awareness Activities for Early Reading Success, and Phonics From A to Z, published by Scholastic Teaching Resources.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Amazon.com: 27 reviews
Just Bought the Book, and It's Already Dogeared
4 December 2002 - Published on Amazon.com
43 people found this helpful.
Fantastic book for teaching word study and phonics to intermediate grade students. I teach reading in small groups, and there are many useful ideas for games and lessons. Blevins also gives a fantastic overview of the importance of systematic, explicit phonics instruction for developing phonemic awareness, and also of linguistics, phonemes, phonograms, and spelling "rules," none of which are emphasized enough in teachers' colleges nor in many school districts (especially those that are gung-ho about "whole language"). EVERY teacher, regardless of grade level, should have this book for the phonics discussion alone. Blevins also provides word lists teachers can use for prefixes, suffixes, compound words, root words and word roots, and so forth. This book is indispensable and much needed.
Best phonics book.
24 June 2016 - Published on Amazon.com
Best phonics book for 3-5th graders. I've used it for years in my classroom and bought his one for my granddaughter that just graduated from college with a teaching degree. I highly recommend this book if you teach reading.
9 July 2011 - Published on Amazon.com
2 people found this helpful.
I really like this book's research and training information. Besides giving phonetic sounds beyond the single letters, a large vocabulary list with various sound combinations, syllabication, and various teaching activities, it provides instruction on how to teach phonics, which I really appreciate. This is a fairly comprehensive book that I can apply to adults. The book came in excellent condition at a great price.
Clive Andrew DePaule
7 September 2017 - Published on Amazon.com
Great Book. Very good for home schoolers.
23 June 2015 - Published on Amazon.com
Great resource that has many tried and true word study ideas that can easily be worked into stations within a classroom, or given to students for enjoyable and varied spelling practice homework.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory > Language Experience Approach
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Instruction Methods > Language Arts
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Instruction Methods > Reading & Phonics
- Books > Politics, Philosophy & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Phonetics & Phonics
- Books > Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Reading Skills
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Textbooks > Education > Elementary Education
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory > Contemporary Methods > Language Experience Approach
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Elementary School
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Reading
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Literacy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Phonetics & Phonics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Reading Skills