I was immediately captured by the writer's ability to use dialogue very early in the novel, which also gave descriptive information, enabling me to get a feel for the surroundings. It also allowed me to hone in on the individuals' expressions.
The free flow from one character to the next was beautifully presented, to my mind. It allowed me to visually maintain the plot in the back of my mind, causing no strain or confusion when then returning to the immediate context.
I found the ideas of comfort, wealth, love and the dreams surrounding diamonds to be alluring themes. The elements of a high society fantasy appeal to people who love glamour and excessiveness.
The more relatable aspect for me was the encompassing ideas of journey and adventure, which never seemed to be at the forefront of the text, but definitely occupied a sustaining place in the background.
- Paperback: 248 pages
- Publisher: Sydney school of arts and humanities (5 February 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0648203646
- ISBN-13: 978-0648203643
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 1.4 x 20.3 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 281 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 449,691 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)