TaoTronics Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones [2019 New Version] Bluetooth Headphones Over Ear Headphones Headset with Deep Bass, Fast Charge 30 Hour Playtime for Travel Work TV PC Cellphone
- Upgraded Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) Technology: Improved Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation significantly reduces low-frequency sound by up to 96%, enjoy the music no matter if you’re on a bus, train or plane
- Rapid Charge & Go: Enjoy an impressive 2 hours of music with just 5 minutes of charge; completely recharges in just 45 minutes for 30 hours of music playback
- Customizable Comfort: Super soft protein cushions, adjustable headband, 90° rotation axis for comfy all day wear; safe storage & transportation with the carry case
- Pure Audio Power: Dual large-aperture 40 mm drivers deliver deep and powerful bass for an all-round impressive HD sound quality
- Hassle-free Clear Calls: Built in cVc 6.0 noise cancelling microphone for clear hands-free calls; Bluetooth 4.2 for a more stable connection
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
|Active Noise Cancellation||Upgraded Hybrid ANC Technology||Feedback ANC Technology||Feedback ANC Technology||Feedback ANC Technology||Feedback ANC Technology|
|Bluetooth Standard||V 4.2||V 5.0||V 4.2||V 4.2||V 5.0|
|Microphone||CVC 6.0 Noise-Cancelling Microphone||CVC 6.0 Noise-Cancelling Microphone||CVC 6.0 Noise-Cancelling Microphone||CVC 6.0 Noise-Cancelling Microphone||CVC 8.0 Noise-Cancelling Microphone|
|Playing Time||30 Hours||30 Hours||45 Hours||40 Hours||40 Hours|
|Fast Charging Function||✓||✓||✓|
|Additional Features||Over Ear & Rotatable Design||Over Ear, Foldable & Rotatable Design||Over Ear, Lightweight, Foldable & Rotatable Design||Over Ear, Foldable & Rotatable Design||APTX, Over Ear, Lightweight,Foldable & Rotatable Design|
Technology Enhances Life
Taotronics, a flagship brand under the Sunvalley group, is dedicated to providing superior-quality, reasonably priced electronic products that improve the lives of our customers. From our highly successful range of audio equipment to our bestselling LED lamps, our smart products aim to truly benefit our customer’s daily lives. Offering them an experience they can’t get anywhere else. We strive to develop, innovate and focus on utilizing the latest technology into easy-to-use devices.
Upgraded ANC Technology
ANC noise cancellation technology means no matter where you are, you hear every word, note & tune with incredible clarity.
- cVc 6.0 noise cancelling mic
- Dual 40mm driver
- 30hrs music playback
- 5min charge for 2hrs playback
- Soft ear cups
- Travel case
Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation
The over-ear cushioned ear cups are fully adjustable for comfortable all-day listening
Enjoy Rich, Full Frequency Response
Dual 40 mm drivers deliver full, balanced sound for phenomenal audio reproduction at 20Hz-20KHz
A quick 5 min charge provides 2hrs of playback, up to 30hrs of battery life on a single charge
Safety WarningAt TaoTronics, not only we offer high quality products, we back them up with 18 month warranty and a 30 day money back guaranty.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
P.S. Buy from the official SunValley seller, not from other dodgy sellers like this AU Dream who apparently is selling knock-off product.
Following on from my earlier comment above I was contacted by SunValley and provided with replacement headphones. These did not exhibit the same high noise levels, so looks like the original set were faulty. Full credit to SunValley for their pro-active customer support.
I love them. The active hybrid noise cancelling works wonders. The batter lasts quite a while, and recharges quickly. Comes in a very nice travel case.
My only slight drawback is you can't charge them and listen at the same time. Plugging in the charger turns of the headphones. However with the fast recharge it's not that big an issue.
IMO these are the best headphones in this price range.
So to the headphones. Firstly they sound great. Not as full or dynamic as the more expensive ones yes. But by no means do they sound bad. And if you didnt have another set to directly compare them to, im sure anyone would say they sound awesome.
The ANC on them works well too. Ive used it at home where i have a PC room with a lot of white noise. Blocks that out great. Also used them a fair bit on public transport. The one thing however is unlike my Sonys there is a noticeable change in the audio when you click it on. This isnt a big deal once you are used to it either on or off. But if you switch between the 2 you do notice it. They remind me of my first ever set of ANC headphones which were wired. I strongly think that the ANC circuit and the BT headphones circuit are totally separate from each other and so the headphones dont account for the ANC at all. Unlike on my Sonys where other than blocking out background noise. There is very minimal difference in the sound between on and off.
The low battery notification is pretty acceptable IMO. It beeps couple of times every 2/3 min. Sort of once per standard length pop song time thing. And will give you about 20min of usage before shutting down.
Onto my main dislike. And this has caught me out twice now. The ANC is a hard on/off switch on the side of the headphones. And it is possible to leave the ANC on, after shutting the headphones off. This reinforces my belief that the ANC and BT parts of the headphones are separate. And twice now i have manage to forget to shut it off when i have put the headphones away. Take them out a day later and they are totally dead flat battery. Just one thing to watch.
Overall tho, for the price i think they are great.
I haven't had the earphones long so can't comment on battery life or comfort after long periods but so far I am very impressed.
Top international reviews
To summarize, I say that these sound really good and get the job done.
I was contacted by TaoTronics for the review below and they pointed out to me that the Bluetooth 5.0 mentioning was an honest mistake at the time of listing and that it has been corrected*. Also since the previous review, I have also opened up more to these headphones objectively. I may have come off as too critical, as I came from a Sony XM3's (that accidentally broke) and couldn't afford to replace them one-for-one. And wanted something that would also have a feature to pair to two devices simultaneously (which the $350 Sony XM3's did not). TaoTronics have also more than generously made up for the inconvenience caused by the mistaken description. They have exceptional customer care. I have also updated the pros and cons below. I have decided to keep these headphones and use them as my daily driver.
3/22/2019 (4 stars downgraded to 3 stars)
Off the bat, I am amused at how deceived I feel with the TT-BH046's. I now realize I have paid for form over function. The headphones are built well and feel good to wear. And that seems to be what makes them the most expensive of their lineup. But I was expecting the big 2019 update with Bluetooth 5.0 (wrongly shown as 5.0 on the comparison section*) and aptX. But the product only does Bluetooth 4.2, and all my tests prove that it only supports SBC. But here are my thorough list of pros and cons:
- Looks good (subjective)
- It is solidly built
- Comfortable on the head
- Great noise isolation (not ANC, but the isolation from padding)
- Superfast pairing (I mean the fastest I have ever seen, and I had a $350 Sony XM3 before)
- Sounds good despite using only the SBC codec, good highs and decent (not overblown) lows
- Battery life champion (without ANC)
- Quick charging
- Simultaneously pairs fully (phone+media+controls) with two sources
- ANC works independently from the Bluetooth power controls
- Decent music audio quality even when ANC is on
- Not very compact
- It only supports SBC codec, no aptX
- Definitely not comparable to the $350 Sony (XM3) or Bose (QC35-II) like many reviewers like to say; not even close
- Not as comfortable after long duration use
- ANC on these caused me dizziness/disorientation/headaches during long duration usage
- Independent ANC can make you forget to turn ANC off when you take it off
- With standalone ANC (no music), it lowers outside noise by changing the pitch of the outside noise (which is decent for its price). But in a relatively quiet environment, standalone ANC emits an audible white noise which is louder than silence.
- Music quality changes when ANC is on; it is different but I wouldn't say better or worse.
I am getting adapted to them over longer usage periods without having dizziness/disorientation/headaches. But I have mostly been using it with ANC off, unless the ambient noise in its lowered state is still audible enough to mask the white noise.
When compared to the previous model, these look nicer and feel sturdier.
There are a couple of features that caught my attention and made me buy them to try them:
1) You can quick charge them in a few minutes for a couple of hours of play
2) They have improved noise reduction
In addition, the earpads have a bit more space for large ears, which is a welcome change for me.
I just came back from a trip to India. That meant about 28 hours each way on planes. I've used these headphones with excellent results and I cannot recommend them enough. See below for details.
Here's a quick summary:
1) Quality: my experience with TaoTronics is that they are well made and last. I have a pair of in-ear bluetooth headsets that I have been using for about 3 years and they still work fine. These seem to be the best made headphones I have seen from them so far and have performed flawlessly so far.
2) Sound: the sound quality of these headphones is very good. I can listen to them for hours and they provide plenty of detail. They have good bass and clean highs. When I compare them to my PAWW Wavesound 3, these have less strident highs and better bass.
3) ANC: I had the chance of using these on 4 long flights (about 11 hours each). The ANC on these headphones shows a significant improvement over another pair that I brought for comparison purposes, the PAWW Wavesound 3. I let the passenger sitting next to me try the TTs and the Pawws and he said he will be buying a pair of the TTs as he was quite impressed with the ANC as well as the sound. On my way back, the guy sitting next to me had a pair of Sony headphones, which cost $299 and are currently the highest rated ANC headset. I was able to try them and compare the quality of the noise reduction and I have to say that the Sony are marginally better, with a tiny bit better reduction of noise. To be frank, with closed eyes I am not sure I would be able to tell the difference reliably. This is not the case for my PAWWs, which clearly reduce noise less than the TTs.
4) Presentation: Like all other TT headphones, these come in a box with a very nicely made carrying case. The case includes charging cable and audio cable to plug them in for use in the plane where there is no bluetooth. One issue I had with the case is that the net it has for storing cables is wide open and things fall off easily. I wish TT included a zipper.
5) Value: these are slightly more expensive that some of the other TaoTronics models. However, at about $80, they are a steal when compared to the Bose or Sony models costing ~$300. Unless you have a lot of money to spend or paying $250 to get some incremental improvements in noise reduction is something you are willing to do, these do a great job.
These headphones are fantastic at any price, and at ~$90, they are a steal. Get a pair if you need ANC.
.5 for price and material and deep sound base.
So far would u like pay price for the name ?
For myself, this is good i only listen anime song.
I just want share how i like this product.
About wear longer or later what if it makes my ear hurt or sleep , i will post later just got today and tested my anime song is good. Pikasonic - miss you on youtube and only instrument is acca 13 ku Kasatsu ka music song.
After 1 day use 03-29-2019 it isnt worth with $100 . So far u could tell u dont need spend more $30 for this product. .
So 03/30/2019 The thing i dislike is this headphones didnt boots sound louder.
Built with lots of metal and higher end plastics. And just to have said it, they compare to my Sony's and Audio Technica headphones!
The noise cancelling is now up there in the Bose area!
I have four other TaoTronics headphones and these are the best while the new TT-BH-060 was a snall disappointment.
If I had to point out one negative it has to be the size and weight. Metal is heavier than plastic and you can feel it. They are also larger than expected which doesn't matter to me who's a big guy, but they look monumental on my petite wife's head.
Another TT winner and best in class $100 ANC cans. No doubt about it!
Update. A colleague brought his new Sony WH1000XM3 over and I asked him to compare his headphones with my new $299 Taotronics (I lied). He was at it for 15 minutes or so switching back and forth. At the end he said "I think you've made a good decision getting those, and $300 is not so bad". He said that his Sony's were a little better taking away sudden sounds like hand clapping while the two were similar on ambient noise like a fan and someone mowing the lawn outside. I tried also and the TaoTronics bass is a bit over the top on hip-hop tracks with booming bass lines. At the very top the Sony's may be a bit more open, but we disagreed on that. Otherwise, it was amazing how similar they sound! I told him that I bought them for under $100. First he didn't believe me, then he wanted some for his wife but they were sold out on Amazon. Yes, these are that good.
I see a one star review here. Honestly, I think there may be something wrong with his headphones. He should contact TaoTronics and have them replaced. I had to do that once, and their service is awesome. Got new ones and it was all good. If you think these sound bad they have to be faulty.
Right price (not too cheap as to feel cheap but I will NOT, nor will I EVER, spend more than $100 on earbuds/phones)
Comfortable to wear
Good sound (though I fully admit I’m no expert)
Does cancel out quite a bit of noise
Battery life is good
No wires to deal with (except when charging)
Maintains good connection with device
╠ ■ Build Quality: 5/5
╠ ■ Bass: 5/5
╠ ■ Mids/ treble: 5/5
╠ ■ Recommendation: 5/5
╠ ☼ Overall: 5/5 (I love it)
╠ ►Product Need: Noise cancelling overhead headphones, gift
╠ ►Product Pros: Clarity, comfortable, battery, design, case
╠ ►Cons to Consider: Price, volume
╠ ►My Review: The headphones come in a very nice high end looking box and inside of that is a soft shell carrying case. The battery comes charged and useable right away with the normal easy quick connection by holding down the power button. The sound quality is what you would expect for the price point - clean and very good yet not perfect for an audiophile. The headphones are on the heavier side weighing 8 ounces but not overly noticeable since they are very comfortable. The earpiece is made of padded pleather with the padding earpiece does do a great job blocking out external noise. The battery does a good job of holding a charge of music for the entire day. The bass is heavy, with the mid treble and clarity very noticeable at high bit streamed music. I do wish it had the option to go a little louder. It does have a microphone to use with phone that I don’t think I will ever use. I don’t think this is a good option for running mostly due to the fabric, but think it could be used if wanted and would stay in place if doing chores around the house and moving around. I really like the headphones and they are not perfect, but they are perfect for the price and recommend for the quality and sound.
UPDATE (7/7/19): Well, after receiving my replacement unit everything seemed to be going good ... until yesterday. The sound coming out of the headphones is SUPER quiet even with the volume up and the noise cancelling switched on. Randomly the sound will blast full volume and startle me and then go back to really quiet. I stopped using these altogether because of this, which is really disappointing for a $100 headphone. My biggest reason for purchasing these were to use these while mowing the lawn and they worked great once I received my replacement. Unfortunately we’re back to square one and starting to regret going with these. I emailed the company and I will update everyone with their response. At this point I can not recommend these headphones and have lowered my review from 3 stars down to 1.
UPDATE: Company reached out to me and arranged for a replacement unit to be sent out free of charge. They are TOP NOTCH when it comes to customer service and making sure their customers are happy.
The new set is definitely MUCH better. The sound is great and the noise canceling is much better, with no hissing sound this time. It is very balanced but with more lows than anything which is typical for most headphones these days. At least it’s not muddy like the first pair.
I’m not experiencing any Bluetooth disconnects so that is a welcome improvement. The battery life is about the same so still not reaching the advertised length.
They’re still the same great looking 🎧. I’m still experience the head fatigue so I think it must be the headphones are. I’d be happy to answer any questions anyone has about these.
Let me start out by saying I’ve been searching for a good pair of wireless noise cancelling headphones that won’t break the bank. I found these and couldn’t wait to try them out. I’ve read really good things about TaoTronics and these are their newest headphone and they apparently have hybrid noise cancelling too which I thought that was an added bonus. However, after unboxing and using these headphones for a full day I’m very disappointed as they don’t live up to their hype at all.
The main reason these caught my attention was the overall look and style of these headphones. They look even better in person. Just by looking at them I’d think they were priced much higher. Unfortunately once you put them on their looks are all they have going for them.
I’d describe the sound to be very hollow. These are more on the bass-y side as well, which makes the overall sound to be a bit muddy. The mids and highs are there but barely noticeable. I’ve listened to several different genres and rap is the only one that is somewhat tolerable with these cans on.
As soon as I put these on my head I could tell they wouldn’t last long before creating head fatigue. No matter how many times I adjusted them it felt like there was always significant pressure against my head. There’s no way I’d be able to last a couple hour flight or even a workout without having to take these off a couple times to give my head a breather. This is disappointing since the reviews I’ve read point to TaoTronics being the most comfortable of the budget headphones.
If you’re considering these headphones for the noise cancelling feature you definitely want to look elsewhere. I’m not sure what hybrid noise cancelling is but either way these didn’t keep out very much noise at all. I could even hear cars passing by from inside my house with the noise cancelling on. When you do turn on the noise cancelling there is a distinct buzz you can hear and this is kind of distracting especially when there isn’t any music being played. I was planning to use these to mow the lawn and do other power equipment related chores and I feel like I’d be better off with a pair of plain Jane earbuds over these. I hope this isn’t what noise cancelling is like on all the other headphones because that would be unsettling.
Battery life was another thing that jumped out at me. They claim to get 30 hours on a full charge. I was only able to get 23 hours mostly running without noise cancellation. I can only imagine this getting worst over time as the battery gets charged and used often.
Also, I have to add that the Bluetooth constantly cuts in and out and also has disconnected a few times since I’ve had the headphones as well. This is easily the most annoying part of these headphones. Please fix this.
They look amazing. The design of these headphones is top notch and I would think they would cost a lot more than they actually do without knowing the price.
Bluetooth Cutting Out
Honestly, if you’re in the market for noise cancelling headphones and these caught your eye I hope you read this review and look elsewhere. I don’t usually write many negative reviews but if I can help someone else from going through the disappointment I’d feel good. Even at $80 ($99 - $20 coupon) I feel these are way over priced. You could find something much better in that price range.
I would NOT recommend these headphones.