Other Sellers on Amazon
TLV: Tel Aviv: Recipes and stories from Israel Hardcover – 1 October 2019
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
- Publisher : Smith Street Books (1 October 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 328 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1925811239
- ISBN-13 : 978-1925811230
- Dimensions : 21.64 x 3.71 x 26.62 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 114,567 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the Author
From the Publisher
Tahini and Chocolate Truffles
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking tray with baking paper. Scatter the peanuts over the tray and roast in the oven for 8–10 minutes, until golden brown (keep your eye on them to prevent them from burning). Remove from the oven and drizzle with the silan or date syrup. Set aside to cool.
2. Line a small square cake tin with plastic wrap. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie or in the microwave. As soon as the chocolate has melted, stir in the tahini and peanuts, then pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin. Set aside to cool, then chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
3. Sprinkle icing sugar onto a plate. Using a sharp kitchen knife, cut the hardened chocola-tini into cubes, then dredge each cube in the icing sugar. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve (if left at room temperature for too long, they will become gooey).
- 4 tablespoons salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon silan or date syrup
- 200 g (7 oz) dark chocolate (maximum 50% cocoa)
- 175 g (6¼ oz/ 2/3 cup) raw tahini
- icing (confectioners’) sugar for dredging