Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Synology DiskStation 5-Bay 3.5" Diskless 2xGbE NAS, Black, DS1019+
- A scalable 5-bay desktop NAS with outstanding performance, ideal for small offices and IT enthusiasts
- Quad-core CPU with AES-NI encryption engine, delivering reading and writing throughput at over 225 MB/s even when data are encrypted
- Built-in two M.2 NVMe SSD slots for system cache support
- Dual-channel H.264/H.265 4K video transcoding on the fly
- Support Virtual Machine Manager to run light-weighted virtual machine instances within isolated sandboxes
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Versatile Storage in a Compact Package
The DS1019+ is a NAS that provides users with versatile built-in applications that allow the ability to collaborate, share files, backup data, and transcode 4K video. It is even ready for virtualization deployment.
- 8GB Dual channel memory
- Store up to 140TB with DX517
- 4k Dual-channel video transcoding
- Built in 2x M.2 NVMe slots
- Celeron J3455 quad-core 1.5GHz
File sharing and syncing
With comprehensive support for all major file sharing protocols — like CIFS, AFP, NFS, FTP and more — DiskStation lets you centralize files in one place and access them using any device. Take files on the road or easily share them with other people, thanks to Synology's easy file sharing and syncing software.
Bulletproof data backup
Ensure data remains safe by backing up your computers, servers, and virtual machines to DiskStation. Defend yourself from human-error or ransomware with DiskStation’s multi-version backup and avoid disaster by easily backing up DiskStation to an offsite location or to any major cloud service.
Turn your DiskStation into a home media hub. Stream movies, TV shows, pictures, and songs to your computer, smartphone, Samsung TV, Roku player, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, DLNA devices, and more.
Smart video surveillance
Make your own video surveillance hub. Surveillance Station helps you protect your home or business by offering the ability to manage multiple network cameras, check live camera feeds from anywhere with the mobile app, catch suspicious incidents quickly with intelligent alerts, and easily find relevant recordings.
|Synology DS218+||Synology DS718+||Synology DS918+||Synology DS1019+|
|Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit||2 (no expansion unit support)||7 (with DX517 expansion unit)||9 (with DX517 expansion unit)||10 (with DX517 expansion unit)|
|Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units||24 TB (12 TB HDD x 2) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)||84 TB (12 TB HDD x 7) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)||108 TB (12 TB drive x 9) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)||140 TB (70 TB + 14 TB drive x 5) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)|
|Hot Swappable Drives||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|CPU||Intel Celeron J3355 Dual-core 2.0 GHz||Intel Celeron J3455 Quad-core 1.5 GHz||Intel Celeron J3455 Quad-core 1.5 GHz||Intel Celeron J3455|
|Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Memory||2 GB DDR3 (Expandable up to 6GB)||2 GB DDR3 (Expandable up to 6GB)||4 GB DDR3 (Expandable up to 8GB)||8 GB DDR3L|
|1GbE LAN Ports||1||2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)||2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)||2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)|
|Hardware transcoding engine||H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), MPEG-2, VC-1; maximum resolution: 4K (4096 x 2160); maximum frames per second (FPS): 30||H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), MPEG-2, VC-1; maximum resolution: 4K (4096 x 2160); maximum frames per second (FPS): 30||H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), MPEG-2, VC-1; maximum resolution: 4K (4096 x 2160); maximum frames per second (FPS): 30||H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), MPEG-2 and VC-1; maximum resolution: 4K (4096 x 2160); maximum frame rate per second (FPS): 30|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
15 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Synology requested for an upfront USD$84 charge. No payment, no servicing.
An unfair practice where they had sold a defective product and for the consumer to bare all costs.
I have to say that I don't regret my decision. I'm surprised with... everything! The performance of the Intel chips is REALLY GOOD, the quality build is OK, DiskStation Manager is really easy to use, the fact that you can install Docker is superb!! I can be talking about this NAS forever.
I'm using this NAS with 2x"WD Red NAS" + 2*500GB Samsung 960 EVO Series con SSD caching.
I'm running Plex, DNS server, CloudStation, GitServer, VirtualMachine Server, Docker with (mariadb, transmission, youtube-dl, resilio-sync, flexget, jdownloader, nzbget, couchpotato, etc...) + time machine copies + 1 VM Ubuntu always ON + other minor apps. Everything using around 12% of CPU.
My CONS for this NAS would be:
- Default 4GB of RAM is... not enough! I bought CT8G3S186DM (check Crucial 8GB on amazon) to expand it to 12GB. Synology oficial RAM is expensive and the information about what type of RAM you can use is confusing. I'm using CT8G3S186DM and is OK.
* It just works, seriously, pop in some drives, follow the web-based setup, and you're up and running.
* Synology Hybrid Raid makes things really flexible, you can mix and match drives and it will give you the most storage possible.
* Lots of applications that can be used on it, including Docker, which is super powerful, I even run a GUI-based linux using Docker so I can run an old legacy app I wrote.
* CPU is fine for normal NAS tasks and basic file extractions and such, however, the unit is supposed to be capable of running 'multiple virtual machines', but it's so slow it's almost impossible to run even a single VM on the CPU. Luckily I'm not super reliant on this feature.
* Fans are smaller, and therefore louder than my old 1813+. Not that they are super loud, but when you're within 2 metres of the unit, they are definitely audible.
In short, yes, I'd recommend this product, just make sure you run it through a high-end surge protector if you decide to get one, the power supplies are quite sensitive to surges and it's a pain getting a replacement power supply.