You don't need to own a Kindle device to enjoy Kindle books. Download one of our FREE Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on all your devices.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Symbian for Software Leaders: Principles of Successful Smartphone Development Projects (Symbian Press Book 9) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Kindle Monthly Deals
New deals each month starting at $1.49. Learn more
From the Inside Flap
David has an MA in Mathematics from Cambridge University, and has served as Symbian′s representative on the Board of Directors for the Open Mobile Alliance. He has been a director of Symbian (and before that, Psion Software) since 1996. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Smartphones are mobile rich portals into the ever–expanding, ever more important digital universe. As with any revolutionary new technology, Symbian OS poses challenges to software developers at a management as well as a technical level. This is the first book to address the wider set of skills and thought processes necessary to successfully complete smartphone development projects.
As a co–founder of Symbian and former executive of Psion Software, David Wood has been actively involved in well over 100 smartphone development projects worldwide. Over the time spent on these projects, he has come to understand the key issues which determine the difference between successful and unsuccessful projects for Symbian OS. This book highlights and explains:
- How to tame the awesome inner complexity of smartphone technology
- Optimal project team organisation, combining agility and reliability
- The design and the philosophy behind key features of Symbian OS
- The potential trouble spots of smartphone integration, testing, and optimisation
- How to receive the full benefit of the diverse skills in the extensive Symbian partner ecosystem
- The methods that are most likely to deliver commercial success when using Symbian OS
- The wider significance of Symbian OS skills and expertise in the evolving mobile marketplace
- The particular importance of software leaders in bringing breakthrough smartphone products to the market.
- ASIN : B000QXD8CS
- Publisher : Wiley; 1st edition (10 December 2007)
- Language: : English
- File size : 2718 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Not Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 328 pages
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|