- Product Dimensions: 8.6 x 5.8 x 6.1 cm ; 218 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 658 g
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Item Model Number: SWWHD-INTCAM-US
- ASIN: B0764KFR9D
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 7 February 2018
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
- #25 in Dome Cameras
Swann SWWHD-INTCAM-AU Swann Smart Security 1080p Battery Camera
- 1080p Full HD with True Detect Heat-Sensing, Night Vision & Audio
- Secure Cloud Storage Enjoy 2 days of free storage to secure cloud and 7 days internal storage, with the ability to expand to 30+ days
- Weatherproof Mount it outdoors as it's built tough to withstand sunshine, rain, snow & dust
- works with Alexa
- 12 months warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
True Detect™ Truly Reliable Security
The cameras is fitted with True Detect™ technology to sense the heat and movement of objects such as people and cars. True Detect triggers reliable push notifications, produces more efficient video recording and generates fewer false triggers from wind, rain, trees and other movement not relevant to security.
See your home on your phone, live or playback
Safe by Swann App - Security in the Palm of your Hands
Access your camera from wherever you are
- See & listen in real time or playback recordings.
- Playback & download recordings on your mobile device.
- Get push notifications when motion is detected.
- Easily share footage with social media and law enforcement.
Super wide 120º angle
The wide angle lets you have a broad perspective of the area monitored, so that you capture everything that matters.
Local and cloud storage
The camera saves clips into its internal memory up to 7 days. It also stores clips in the cloud for free up to 2 days or for 30 days with the paid plans.
Customize sensing distance
Adjust the camera thermal sensing distance to optimize it to its mounting location so you only get relevant notifications & improve battery life.
Audio adds another layer
Hear off-screen noises and identify voices by their gender, accent and age.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
2 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I'm starting out with three stars as the camera seems a bit buggy. I will update after it has a chance to run for a while. Right now there is about a 3-10 second delay between movement occurring in front of the camera, and it showing up on my smartphone screen. I just tested my internet speed and it is at 100mbs plus.
UPDATE: There is a firmware update for the camera. After it has been running for a bit the app will alert you to this. Go to the "about" link on the app and it will do the update. Patience! At times you will get an error message that the camera has lost connection. Ignore, this is part of the update process. The app will tell you when it is done. The update dramatically reduced the response time for the motion detector. Mine is very close to real time now.
First impressions and start up: Setup took a bit, for a few reasons. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU GO TO THE SWANN WEBSITE AND DOWNLOAD THE 52 PAGE USER MANUAL FOR THIS PRODUCT. When the app asked for a location, I entered my zip code and it wouldn't accept that. It wants your full physical address. Pairing the camera went ok, with a little back and forth. At first, I just had a blank screen. Then I got a message saying "update is available." After that, it connected with no problem.
When I was first having issues I connected with a tech agent at Amazon. He knew nothing about the product. I tried calling the toll free number for support, it is in Australia and is invalid. Their tech support center is all FAQ and videos. So it looks like we're on our own.
I will move the camera outside to its intended location and update this later.
UPDATE: It is outside now and operating fine, so far. Image clarity is very good.
- More sensitive and rapid PIR motion activation of the video recording; less lag, compared to Blink XT
- Wider video field of view, compared to Blink XT
- Better IR illumination at night, compared to Blink XT
- On board video memory; not limited to Cloud-only, compared to Blink XT
- Somewhat better WiFi connection, compared to Blink XT
- Does not require a separate Sync module that must also be in radio range (and on UPS), as the Blink XT does
- Availability of Cloud service and app connection much more stable in recent months; now competitive with Blink.
- Has rechargeable battery, compared to Blink XT expensive disposable AA lithium
- If WiFi and Internet router is on UPS, can maintain Cloud connection through power interruption.
- Like any battery powered camera, it still has a short lag for video activation (but better than Blink)
- Battery life much improved, but still doesn’t come close to Blink XT (Blink is close to a miracle)
- WiFi connection still shorter range and less stable than outlet powered cameras, like Yi
Bottom line: Glad I didn’t give up on Swann. Still not perfect, but much improved. Planning to buy one or two more for locations where my Blink XTs won’t work well.
When I bought this camera in November 2018, I was underwhelmed. It wasn’t terrible, but had some significant issues. I found the Blink cameras from Amazon to be significantly better (I have one of my many Blink XTs installed next to this Swann looking at my front doorstep, just to compare). Compared to the Blink, the Swann had connection, battery, and detection weaknesses.
Now, after 8 months of improvements in the camera’s firmware and the Safe by Swann app, the system is much improved. It’s competitive to Blink XT in many applications, better in some. The one thing Blink still holds the edge in is battery life; Swann’s much stronger IR illuminator, stronger WiFi connection and more sensitive motion detection still requires recharging the Swann’s rechargeable battery more frequently than replacing the Blink XT’s disposable lithium AA batteries. But, the Swann firmware’s power management now extends the time between recharges well past 30 days for me (now on day 40 with slightly less than 50% charge showing on the app), compared to less than two weeks when I first bought it. After some hiccups on a couple of the updates, the app’s battery indicator also seems to be much improved.
Keep in mind that any completely wireless battery powered camera will be less capable than a decent outlet-powered wireless transmission camera. My Yi WiFi cloud cameras and my Lorex DSSS wireless remote DVR cameras have continuous video recording , much better IR illumination and better range than my Swann or Blinks do. But, they have to be plugged in to work, and don’t keep monitoring when the power goes out (and the Swann doesn’t require a sync module like the Blink that must also be on UPS, like the WiFi, to keep monitoring through a power interruption).
Don't buy this.