"In Super Cheap Japan the author fulfils his mission to keep Japan both affordable and authentically enjoyable for tourists. There is a good balance between an overview of the usual tourist spots and quirkier recommendations that allows travellers to maximise their enjoyment of a singular country while minimising their budget." - Japan Visitor
"Lots of great tips and tricks for saving money on your Japan visit! The book covers many areas in great detail, and it is certainly a very useful book for anybody planning a trip to Japan." - Abby Denson, author of the bestselling Cool Japan Guide
"Want to travel to Japan but on a budget? Then check out Super Cheap Japan for great money saving ideas." - Doki Doki
"A must have book if you are traveling to Japan, it has all the essential information that you might need." - Hector Garciao, author of the bestselling A Geek in Japan
Super Cheap Japan is the ultimate budget travel guide to Japan, full of the most useful, up-to-date information for a cheap holiday in Japan. With extensive tax-free shopping, crazily discounted train passes and an unbelievable exchange rate, there has never been a better time to visit. Unlike other guides, this book shows you exactly how, where and when you can save money. Go shopping for $4 clothes in Tokyo, enjoy inexpensive hikes in Nikko, or visit Kyoto’s beautiful shrines and gardens on the cheap; all with this super helpful guide.
Inside the Super Cheap Japan guide book:
- Budget food - eat for only a few dollars with comprehensive listings of low-cost restaurants, takeouts, supermarkets and more
- Budget shopping - 100 yen ($1) shops, free sample hotspots, tax-free shopping, discount passes and coupons
- Color maps for budget travelers, making it super easy to get around
- Highlights and itineraries based on discount train or bus passes, so you can keep your wallet happy while still having an amazing holiday
- Train and bus passes - local, regional and national passes, and info on how to use them for additional savings at tourist hotspots
- Hidden treasures - walking and cycling routes to cut down on train fares, cheap side trips and free alternatives to crowded, overpriced spots
- Essential help for budget travelers - expert travel tips, free tours, simple to understand directions, translations for places that don’t have English support
- Cheap accommodation - the best and cheapest capsule hotels, net cafes, overnight spas, hostels, campsites and more
- Guides to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Hiroshima, Mt Fuji, Miyajima, Himeji Castle, Kobe, Yokohama, Kamakura, Nikko, Hakone, Kansai, Kanto, as well as great off-the-beaten-track places nearby
This book is perfect for backpackers, budget travelers, families on a tight budget, students and those who are new to Japan. Get the most out of this amazing country, without burning a hole in your wallet!