There are few things I love more than a hot anthology put together by LadyLit's own Harper Bliss. This one is extra special as this time her co-editor is her wife Caroline Manchoulas. Summer Love is an spicy anthology of fourteen amazing authors. All of the stories involve women getting away from their real lives for awhile during the summer. Not only are these stories sexy many of them include a chance at love and new beginnings.
1. We start out with Cheyenne Blue's Stepping Out. Its a sweet short about a solitary American woman who takes a vacation in Australia at a woman's cooking retreat. I loved all the underlying emotions Ms Blue brought forth.
2. Camille Duvall is a new to me author. Her tale Mother's Tongue of one of a lovely coming of age and reunion. This was very well written.
3. Tasmin Flowers is also new to me. In her Drive Me Crazy a young woman travels to a music festival. Not all goes as planned and she finds a wonderful surprise instead.
4. In the Honey-Sweet Sunshine Kayta Harris tells of a work-a-holic woman and her partner on a vacation to rediscover themselves and each other. They do this in a most delightful way!
5. Jess had booked a vacation with her girlfriend before being dumped. She asks a friend who also bails. In AL Brooks' Third Time Lucky we find out that the 3rd time really is the charm.
6. Lucy Felthouse brings us a tale of a volcano tour and the sexy tour guide in her story A Most Spectacular View. Morgan has some thinking to do but Riya is proving to be VERY convincing, yum!
7. Summer Stock by Emily L. Byrne is a bit different. In this drama the lead is an older woman who is a bit down on herself and has little confidence after a failed relationship. Maybe Rizzo can help her find her footing again. I could so identify with Regan, this was a lovely tale.
8. Ms Brooke Winter's title of Mistress had me intrigued. The first sentence took me by surprise and shock and tingles! A Domme travels to Spain to claim the Sub of her dreams. Oh my gosh it was so perfect, so sweet and beautiful and well, just, thank you! I have to find more of your stories!
9. A Good Read by RJ Layer is just that. Oh the serious awe factor and romance, not traditional but gentle and quaint. Even with no hot and heavy sex scene was really, really good. I actually believe a sex scene would have ruined the story.
10. Erzabet Bishop brings us a wonderful, heartfelt drama in Orchard Rain. Kim has had a row with her lady Maggie over finances. They meet at a wedding that Maggie has planned as part of her job. Their reconciliation is sexy and sweet. I was intensely enchanted with this story.
11. The Boi Who Cried Wolfe was seriously fun with references to people and books but with an authors name like Allison Wonderland I would expect no less.
12. Old College Friends by Annabeth Leong is a lovely romance about the reunion of college friends. It is a real feel good story and wonderful too.
13. KA Smith takes us on a ride to reunite long distance lovers in Free Summer. I loved the gentleness and caring. This is another author I need to read more from.
14. Last but certainly not least, the incomparable Harper Bliss brings us A Matter of Inclination. This This is a beautiful story that revolves around two long time friends discovering each other in a whole new way. I loved this gentle drama partially because of the unusual leads.
This is a great book and I am so very glad I had the opportunity to read it!!
This is a F/F Book.
You don't need to own a Kindle device to enjoy Kindle books. Download one of our FREE Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on all your devices.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Summer Love: Stories of Lesbian Holiday Romance Kindle Edition
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
The best device for reading, full stop. Learn more
- ASIN : B07B4MXW1K
- Publisher : Ladylit Publishing (27 February 2018)
- Language : English
- File size : 3957 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 245 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: 786,230 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
4.7 out of 5
24 global ratings
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
All you need!Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 21 July 2016
An anthology, edited by Harper Bliss and her Mrs, of short summer stories from 14 very different writers, but all with love at their heart – love realised, love re-affirmed, love sought, love found, love earned, love divined. All you need is love, love. Love is all you need!
2 people found this helpful
Fun bookReviewed in the United Kingdom on 9 September 2016
I liked all these stories apart from one - which I couldn't make head nor tail of and I found irritating trying to follow. Taking that one out the picture this book is a great read!
One person found this helpful
Brilliant!!Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 24 September 2016
Every story was a hit!..lovely stories that you can get into..a real feel good book.
Five StarsReviewed in the United Kingdom on 24 September 2016
The totally varied stories is what made this book so good