- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1225 KB
- Print Length: 254 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0730337413
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (16 January 2020)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B08461WMJT
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 5 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #156,919 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Strive: Embracing the gift of struggle Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who read this book also read
About the Author
DR ADAM FRASER is a peak performance researcher who helps people strive to achieve better fulfilment in everything they do. He has worked with people from all walks of life, including elite athletes, the military and business leaders. --This text refers to the paperback edition.
From the Back Cover
Is happiness really the key to a meaningful and fulfilling life?
We are all obsessed with happiness. There are thousands of books, presenters, and courses trying to teach us how to be happy. But are we more happy? No! We are the most depressed, anxious and medicated group of people in history. The happiness movement has failed us.
Strive turns our ideas of happiness upside down and reveals why challenge, struggle and setbacks are the keys to living a profoundly satisfying life that fosters authentic happiness. Dr Adam Fraser shows that the practice of striving towards a goal is vital to achieving fulfilment and peak performance, without needing to sacrifice your relationships and physical and mental wellbeing along the way.
You'll find out:
- Why we are most proud of overcoming the hard things in life
- Why gold medallists feel flat when they return home
- Why rich kids and welfare kids face the same problems
- Why we feel most alive when we are working towards a goal, not when we achieve it
- Why trying to increase our happiness levels stops us from reaching our potential
- Why having all your dreams come true will truly mess you up.
Strive is a must read for anyone who wants to transform their lives and find fulfilment, one struggle at a time. --This text refers to the paperback edition.