3-year old asks Dad: "How do you know if you are a pirate?"
Dad obliges: "Go on?"
"You just Argh!"
Stereotypic, but Stevenson set the stereotypes within these works, in the same way that Shakespeare set up a lot of phrases that are now viewed as cliches: they work. Both tell tales so well that they have been quoted, imitated or emulated ever since. So failure to read the originals should be a simple parameter to allow others to describe the defaulter as illiterate.
- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Penguin; 1 edition (5 May 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0141439734
- ISBN-13: 978-0141439730
- Product Dimensions: 19.6 x 12.7 x 1.5 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 168 g
- Average Customer Review: 13 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 144,138 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)