I've read all of M.K. Eidems books and I have yet to read a bad one. This particular universe is not my favourite of those she has created and I didn't feel the need to go back and read the previous ones in the series given their length. I am happy to say that I enjoyed the book even without a series refresher.
Stephanie as a character is strong and determined. I lived her grit and determination to stick to her guns despite the sexism and poor conduct all around her. I didn't find the captain to be as strong a character, but what we knew about him and his actions in the story made him a good fit for Stephanie.
This book is not a standalone and I recommend the series to readers of sci-fi and romance. I would highly recommend any of this authors works to my friends
- Paperback: 325 pages
- Publisher: Independently published (30 April 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1095911015
- ISBN-13: 978-1095911013
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.1 x 22.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 558 g
- Customer Reviews: 160 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 230,815 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)