Status Anxiety is a great book, and well worth reading. The essence of it is: you'll be much happier if you don't try to keep up with the Joneses. The book delves into all the many ways this problem manifests itself, looks at how things have changed since ancient and medieval times, and suggests how we can change both our own attitudes and our society to make us happier.
But I strongly recommend buying a paper version. Even by the low standards of the Kindle store, this ebook is a shockingly bad. There are missing diagrams, more typos that I could count, and major formatting errors throughout.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 2 hours and 51 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Abridged
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 27 May 2005
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B00NPBH4AU
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 13,991 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)