- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd; 1 edition (15 November 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0761960317
- ISBN-13: 978-0761960317
- Product Dimensions: 18.9 x 2.6 x 24.6 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 885 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 86,854 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Statistics with Confidence: An Introduction for Psychologists Paperback – 15 Nov 1999
Amazon Global Store
About the Author
Michael Smithson is a Professor in the Research School of Psychology at The Australian National University in Canberra, and received his PhD from the University of Oregon. He is the author of Confidence Intervals (2003), Statistics with Confidence (2000), Ignorance and Uncertainty (1989), and Fuzzy Set Analysis for the Behavioral and Social Sciences (1987), co-author of Fuzzy Set Theory: Applications in the Social Sciences (2006) and Generalized Linear Models for Categorical and Limited Dependent Variables (2014), and co-editor of Uncertainty and Risk: Multidisciplinary Perspectives (2008) and Resolving Social Dilemmas: Dynamic, Structural, and Intergroup Aspects (1999). His other publications include more than 170 refereed journal articles and book chapters. His primary research interests are in judgment and decision making under ignorance and uncertainty, statistical methods for the social sciences, and applications of fuzzy set theory to the social sciences.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
His explanations are brilliant and easy to follow and understand and his examples and practice questions are never few, so there's always more to keep you busy and entertained!
His book also comes with a CD-Rom which incldues very easy to use programs and examples to help you practice.
Buy this book if you are looking for a great and easy to understand overview of Psychology related Statistics (or even statistics in general) as either a supplement to your current texts or alone - and at such a good price, you'd be mad not to!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Psychology & Counselling > Movements
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Psychology & Counselling > Research
- Books > Medicine & Nursing > Research
- Books > Science, Nature & Maths > Mathematics > Applied > Probability & Statistics
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides