Moments of brilliance and astounding writing that had me hanging off every word. But countered with some dull chapters too. I felt I knew which chapters Mandel enjoyed writing and where she had a sense of flow as she wrote.
The book has a lot of characters and they are intricately woven and built up beautifully. There is a lot of bouncing around timelines. Something I normally find frustrating, but Mandel executes this effectively too.
The book just didn’t work for me. I probably need to reflect on it more. Not every book can be a perfect fit for every reader.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 10 hours and 9 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Audible Studios
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 10 September 2014
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B00N4HYORQ
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,156 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)