The best introductory guide to the stars and constellations, bar none! It has numerous features which makes learning the constellations much easier and more fun. Here are a few examples:
(1) H.A. Rey has done a great service by redrawing the constellations (using the same stars) so that they *actually* look like the figure they represent. This is in contrast to so many other constellation drawings (by others) that bear no resemblance at all to the figure they supposedly represent. They come in two varieties: either they are lifelike representations with no correlation at all between the figure and the individual stars or they are stick figures that look more like abstract art!
(2) Rather than deluging you with lots of irrelevant facts, H.A. Rey has chosen some very pertinent, interesting facts and anecdotes to share about the stars and the constellations. These are the kind of facts that are fun to share with others when you introduce them to the constellations!
(3) H.A. Rey has very wisely left the more detailed and technical explanations for discussion later in the book. He starts off by telling you just the basics that you need to start stargazing right away!
(4) On the Calendar Chart pages you will see two star charts on facing pages. On the left you'll see just the stars and on the right you'll see the stars with the connecting lines to show the constellations. Going back and forth between the pages is a great way to start to memorize the celestial patterns so that when you get outside it will be easier to pick them out!
- Hardcover: 157 pages
- Publisher: HMH Books; Updated edition (1 February 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0544763432
- ISBN-13: 978-0544763432
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 2 x 27.6 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 871 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 280,809 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)